Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 Problems Empty Sims 1 Problems

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 20:40

Hi, I just finished downloading your torrent; The Sims 1: The Complete Collection [FULL] *Games4theworld*

Problems are starting right away when I try to autorun after mounting. I open task manager and see that start.exe barely can start without crashing/stopping.

When I try out the installer, it tells me; Setup got a problem closing autorun, please restart your computer.

Im brand new to this site, and could not find any templates, please correct me if I am in the wrong section etc The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Problems Empty Re: Sims 1 Problems

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 23:16

Hello,

This is indeed the right section.
Have you read the Install Guide provided in the torrent?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 May 2014, 23:22

FaliuM wrote:Hi, I just finished downloading your torrent; The Sims 1: The Complete Collection [FULL] *Games4theworld*

Problems are starting right away when I try to autorun after mounting. I open task manager and see that start.exe barely can start without crashing/stopping.

When I try out the installer, it tells me; Setup got a problem closing autorun, please restart your computer.

Im brand new to this site, and could not find any templates, please correct me if I am in the wrong section etc The Sims 3 plumbob

//MOVED

Now it's in the right section. Wink  The "PC Downlaods support" is only for NON-SIMS GAMES. So always use the sections that are clearly labelled as "The Sims (3) in-game problems/downloads support (PC)".

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 13:21; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 23:25

//MOVED
This was the right section. Sims 1 and Sims 2 are considered non-Sims 3 games, so they would fit in there. We don't have so many topics about those games anyway...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 May 2014, 23:37

Shamrock wrote://MOVED
This was the right section. Sims 1 and Sims 2 are considered non-Sims 3 games, so they would fit in there. We don't have so many topics about those games anyway...

LOL.. Razz  

//MOVED

The Sims 1, 2 AND 3 are all treated the same way on here. Please leave it now where it is. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jun 2014, 11:16

Ok whatever...
Let us go back to the topic at hand.
If my suggestion does not work, try to run the autorun file in compatibility mode (XP should do fine).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Jun 2014, 13:21

FaliuM wrote:Hi, I just finished downloading your torrent; The Sims 1: The Complete Collection [FULL] *Games4theworld*

OK,... please make an empty folder somewhere, and extract ALL contents of the Sims 1 .RAR download into the empty folder you created. Use WinRAR for extracting, and make sure that you really extract ALL contents of the .RAR file into the folder - there is no need to "mount" anything, in the sense of this word.

Next, if you're running Windows Vista or later, besides running the start.exe in compatibility mode, try right-clicking on the start.exe and choose "run as Administrator". Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top