Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 22:24

Help 
I have recently installed The Sims 3 along with Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Into the Future, High End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Late Night, and Pets. I used the files from the Games4theworld site, and followed the installation guides, as well as the Ultimate Fix. The only thing I did was install the crack for the The Sims 3 base game before I looked at the post where it says you don't need to. 

The problem now is that I'm having problems when moving my family to a new town. The new town loads (which is further than I've ever gotten with files from other websites), but when it's time to choose a house the game crashes. The game randomly crashes in general, such as when doing a makeover. Another problem is I keep getting an error 12 when trying to save my game. I've tried saving more often, which doesn't help. 

I should add that I am using the save files from another game, which may be the problem I'm not sure. 

I am using Windows 7 32 bit on a Macbook Pro

Any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:23

Chelley wrote:Help 
I have recently installed The Sims 3 along with Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Into the Future, High End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, Late Night, and Pets. I used the files from the Games4theworld site, and followed the installation guides, as well as the Ultimate Fix. The only thing I did was install the crack for the The Sims 3 base game before I looked at the post where it says you don't need to. 

The problem now is that I'm having problems when moving my family to a new town. The new town loads (which is further than I've ever gotten with files from other websites), but when it's time to choose a house the game crashes. The game randomly crashes in general, such as when doing a makeover. Another problem is I keep getting an error 12 when trying to save my game. I've tried saving more often, which doesn't help. 

I should add that I am using the save files from another game, which may be the problem I'm not sure. 

I am using Windows 7 32 bit on a Macbook Pro

Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

A 32-bit system means that your computer can only use up to 2GB of RAM - even if your computer has more. This 32-bit system has this built-in limitation, and what this further means is that 2 GBs of RAM are usually not sufficient to properly play TS3.

The best advice I can give you now is that you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and then delete the contents of Currentgame.sims3 folder. Re-start the game then, and try SHORTENING the playing sessions. So play maybe for about 30 (real-life) minutes, exit the game for a while to ease "pressure" on the RAM, and then re-start the game. Good luck and let me know if you need more help ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashing & save errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jun 2014, 00:14

Thank you for your reply, after installing the 64 bit version of windows, everything is working very smoothly. No more crashing, no more save errors.

Mod edit: if you have any more questions, feel free to open a new topic. The topic is closed. Have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top