Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Help Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Help Please Empty Installation Help Please

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 14:31

Hi,

First thread so no hate please.

Anyway, I really need help installing this stuff.

My problem at the moment:

I want to install all the expansion/stuff packs but I have no I idea in what order to install as I noticed some, such as the LATE NIGHT pack needs a specific order.

Okay I followed that order but found that when I got to WORLD ADVENTURES pack I could not find the [regit] thing that the readme file says to do. Furthermore, the W.A. pack's first few steps are to apply the CRACK stuff but the LATE NIGHT readme says to not apply any.

SO, as you could imagine, I am super confused and would REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE if someone could help me out with a good guide on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.
Ted

Back to top Go down

Installation Help Please Empty Re: Installation Help Please

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 21:59

Hello and welcome!
O here's what to do: for WA, only enter the Regedit if an error pops up, otherwise skip it.
Also, skip all cracks in torrents, they are out of date. At the end, update your game to tha latest version and use the files from the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to make your game work!
Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 01:44

Shamrock wrote:Hello and welcome!
O here's what to do: for WA, only enter the Regedit if an error pops up, otherwise skip it.
Also, skip all cracks in torrents, they are out of date. At the end, update your game to tha latest version and use the files from the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to make your game work!
Hope this helps.
Hey there, thanks for the rather quick reply.

I get an error when trying to install WA, so I should find the regedit file thing but I have searched my entire PC but cannot find where this file is. What kind of file is it anyway and where should it be so I can try to find it manually?

Cheers,
Ted

//EDIT

I'll try to be more specific.

When I try to install WA, it says I need to update so I click [yes]. But then I get an error that says [error with sims 3 update. setup unable to continue] and then the wizard crashes/closes.

Furthermore, I am running Windows 8.1, not sure if this changes location of files etc.

And I will admit I am technology deficient or just suck with this stuff so please feel free to step me through it like as if I am an idiot. Very Happy

Oh and also, when you say don't apply the cracks, do I skip step 3-7 of the setup readme guide? Because it says to apply a crack/patch thing in these steps. 

Cheers,
Ted

//EDIT

Oh hey, I found the Regedit thing, and did that step for installing W.A. but still I want to know if I need to apply the cracks that the readme guide states to do as the Late Night readme says to not apply any cracks at all?

Also tried to autorun the install thing but still get same error, not sure if it is because I skipped step 3-7 of the readme guide.

Help needed please. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jun 2014, 13:11

Topic moved.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jun 2014, 18:06

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Note that the instructions that come with the torrents, have become obsolete. You can find the most up-to-date instructions here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Note that you may skip all "# Crack" folders. (So also all the updates that come with World Adventures)

Follow those up-to-date steps and please let us know if you need more assistance, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male