Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help with installation!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help with installation! Empty Please help with installation!

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 17:10

I downloaded the sims 3 complete collection and now that its all finished i unzipped it and began the installation on the base game but during the installation it asks for a disc? i understand to apply the crack after the installation but i cant get that far because it wont let me finish because i do not have the disc. Please help. I havent downloaded a torrent in so long so im a bit confused and aggravated at the moment lol

can someone walk me through? do i need to mount it? what do i do? thanks!

Back to top Go down

Please help with installation! Empty Re: Please help with installation!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Nov 2016, 17:43

thrasher wrote:I downloaded the sims 3 complete collection and now that its all finished i unzipped it and began the installation on the base game but during the installation it asks for a disc? i understand to apply the crack after the installation but i cant get that far because it wont let me finish because i do not have the disc. Please help. I havent downloaded a torrent in so long so im a bit confused and aggravated at the moment lol

can someone walk me through? do i need to mount it? what do i do? thanks!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @thrasher! Smile

Did you extract with the program WinRAR ? If not, you can get WinRAR from the official downloads page. Also make sure to extract ALL contents of the .RAR, into just one single & empty folder. This extraction can take a while, because the .RAR is 27GB in filesize. Also, you should start the installation from within the folder with the extracted stuff (in case you didn't do that already).

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 19:23

yes i have winrar
i used winrar and tried to run the installation from there. right now i am extracting to an empty folder and will try again, thanks! Ill let ya know

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Nov 2016, 19:16

thrasher wrote:yes i have winrar
i used winrar and tried to run the installation from there. right now i am extracting to an empty folder and will try again, thanks! Ill let ya know

Sure, do keep us posted!

The regular procedure is indeed that you run the installation from the files, that you extracted from an archive.  Carlos is tha man  Very Happy  In rare cases, it can work though, if you run it directly from within the archive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top