Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS! Empty SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS!

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 02:17

Literally i've never been so frustrated with the Sims 3 until I got my desktop fixed. It's a bit of a long story but here we go, I have a laptop with the base game and expansion packs that have come from Game4theworld. I own the Sims 3 PC disk bought from the store and it has always worked on my laptop until v1.67 came into place. I fixed the problem with the laptop because of the ultimate fix but it's the desktop I really want to use. It's faster, and has more space but a while back i lost internet connection and I finally got it back up with the side effect of getting adware. I got rid of the adware, i think but before all this when my desktop DID have interenet the game worked fine, and i had expansions from Games4theworld on my desktop as well. I've had a list of problems and the only reason i've made this account is because i have no other option on what to do.

I installed my original base game, and then downloaded the expansion packs. It wouldn't let me update for a while. I got the manual patch and connected my game to origin. Then the launcher said it had no disk, well I searched the threads and fixed it. Several other problems occured and it could've been anything i suppose. I did the steps 2-4 and I honestly don't think its my computer because my laptop is about as old as my desktop. I tried the ultimate fix, and the manual patch. At one point I was starting up the game and I would get the "unofficial game mod" error and i had looked it up as well and one website said the update could recognize a cracked game but then i looked to this website and either it was a patch or something that fixed the error.

The last problem I had while trying to launch the game was when I pressed play on the launcher after I would get a black screen and automatically it would become "Not Responding".

Now i was at the point where i was fed up, and decided to uninstall everything but Sims 3 Seasons WONT uninstall. Out of all the expansion packs, its the only one. Is this the problem? When I uninstall it, it goes to the wizard, completely finishes and when it closes after about a minute a window pops up saying "Windows Explorer is Not Responding" so it fails to uninstall it. 

I'm in need of help, I have went through hell and back trying to figure this out and this is my only option now. Please help me.

I own a Windows 7 64 bit computer. RAM 4.00 GB. I'm not a whiz on computer tech either, I just like games, but that's the little bit of info I can tell you about my computer.

Last edited by xoxoemk on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 02:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar mistakes)

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS! Empty Re: SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jun 2014, 02:30

xoxoemk wrote:Literally i've never been so frustrated with the Sims 3 until I got my desktop fixed. It's a bit of a long story but here we go, I have a laptop with the base game and expansion packs that have come from Game4theworld. I own the Sims 3 PC disk bought from the store and it has always worked on my laptop until v1.67 came into place. I fixed the problem with the laptop because of the ultimate fix but it's the desktop I really want to use. It's faster, and has more space but a while back i lost internet connection and I finally got it back up with the side effect of getting adware. I got rid of the adware, i think but before all this when my desktop DID have interenet the game worked fine, and i had expansions from Games4theworld on my desktop as well. I've had a list of problems and the only reason i've made this account is because i have no other option on what to do.

I installed my original base game, and then downloaded the expansion packs. It wouldn't let me update for a while. I got the manual patch and connected my game to origin. Then the launcher said it had no disk, well I searched the threads and fixed it. Several other problems occured and it could've been anything i suppose I done the steps 2-4 and I honestly don't think its my computer because my laptop is about as old as my desktop. I tried the ultimate fix, and the manual patch. At one point I was starting up the game and I would get the "unofficial game mod" error and i had looked it up as well and one website said the update could recognize a cracked game but then i looked to this website and either it was a patch or something that fixed the error.

The last problem I had while trying to launch the game was when I pressed play on the launcher after I would get a black screen and automatically it would become "Not Responding".

Now i was at the point where i was fed up, and decided to uninstall everything but Sims 3 Seasons WONT uninstall. Out of all the expansion packs, its the only one. Is this the problem? When I uninstall it, it goes to the wizard, completely finishes and when it closes after about a minute a window pops up saying "Windows Explorer is Not Responding" so it fails to uninstall it. 

I'm in need of help, I have went through hell and back trying to figure this out and this is my only option now. Please help me.

I own a Windows 7 64 bit computer. RAM 4.00 GB. I'm a whiz on computer tech either, I just like games, but thats the little bit of info I can tell you about my computer.

//MOVED

Hello,

You should never un-install anything from your computer, even if it's frustrating, because you will most likely only make things worse (for example, you should always re-boot the computer after un-installing something). So for now, re-install the games again and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Next make sure that you download all available Windows updates too...

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !

P.S. please pay more attention to where you post your issues. There is a really HUGE section on here called "The Sims (3)", where all your issues about Sims games belong to. I have moved your topic to the right section...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS! Empty Re: SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS!

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 02:40

I finally decided to reply after giving up for a good bit. 

Sims 3 Seasons won't uninstall. I uninstall through the wizard and after i click finish this comes up.. 

SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS! Sims10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 18:33

I had a similar problem when trying to purge Sims 3 to reinstall, one pack would NOT go. I had to dl and use IObit Uninstaller to get rid of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:46

xoxoemk wrote:I finally decided to reply after giving up for a good bit. 

Sims 3 Seasons won't uninstall. I uninstall through the wizard and after i click finish this comes up.. 

SIMS 3 SEASONS PROBLEM & SEVERAL OTHER PROBLEMS! Sims10

Hello and sorry for the late reply, 

Thanks for getting back to the topic though ! Smile  About that issue, similar to what the previous poster said, you can use a third-party program to remove the game. For example, Games4TheWorld's "Your Un-Installer PRO", available here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

After installing, open the program and choose that expansion you want to get rid of. Then, in the next window, choose "Super Mode" and follow the on-screen instructions. After the un-install, re-boot the computer.

And that should do, good luck ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top