Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 02:20

So I just finished installing all of the Sims 3 games provided by the site as well as all the updates/fixes. However I'd like to put in some CC and mods. Was considering using CCMagic because when I had the games a year ago I used it briefly before losing my games and it was nice. However on the ModTheSims site (and a few others) it only says it works with Supernatural and I have yet to find any information on if it works with everything beyond Supernatural (I have all EPs and SPs installed and updated).

Does anyone who use any of the EPs beyond Supernatural know if the program works with them? Or do I have to go back to the old fashioned way of installing and compressing Custom Content?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jun 2014, 13:15

onecutekat wrote:So I just finished installing all of the Sims 3 games provided by the site as well as all the updates/fixes. However I'd like to put in some CC and mods. Was considering using CCMagic because when I had the games a year ago I used it briefly before losing my games and it was nice. However on the ModTheSims site (and a few others) it only says it works with Supernatural and I have yet to find any information on if it works with everything beyond Supernatural (I have all EPs and SPs installed and updated).

Does anyone who use any of the EPs beyond Supernatural know if the program works with them? Or do I have to go back to the old fashioned way of installing and compressing Custom Content?

Hello,

If you mean you want to install .sims3pack files then as far as I know, it doesn't matter what expansions you have installed in order to use CC Magic:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

I have all expansions and use CC Magic occasionally for installing .sims3packs. However, if you have .package file mods then you have to pay attention to the "patch level" they are compatible with, and (usually) not to the expansion that is installed.

What is it exactly that you want to install ? Can you show me a link to that, so that I can have a look myself ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons and Up Work with CCMagic? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:34

Well I was just wondering if CCMagic itself works with anything above Supernatural (as in the Sims games themselves). I wanted to use CCMagic for package files and sims3packs, but I wanted to be sure that the program CCMagic itself is compatible with Island Paradise and University and Into the Future. It's not about some CC I wanted to put in but just wanting to be sure the program will work with those expansion packs basically.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:15

onecutekat wrote:Well I was just wondering if CCMagic itself works with anything above Supernatural (as in the Sims games themselves). I wanted to use CCMagic for package files and sims3packs, but I wanted to be sure that the program CCMagic itself is compatible with Island Paradise and University and Into the Future. It's not about some CC I wanted to put in but just wanting to be sure the program will work with those expansion packs basically.

Brief answer: I have all expansions and CC Magic is working fine for me - if that's what you want(ed) to hear. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 00:29

Yes, that was basically what I was trying to figure out. xD Sorry! Thank you so much Mod.

Mod edit: question resolved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top