Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 00:46

I recently installed Sims 3 Seasons and it was from you guys but from PirateBay. It installed perfectly fine and i followed the instructions but when i boot up Sims 3, i get the "Unofficial Game Modification" message. I have gotten this message before with Supernatural (Downloaded from you guys as well) but after applying the Ultimate Fix, it worked like a charm and didn't have the Game Modification message popup anymore. As for booting up Seasons, it worked but my game crashed after choosing my Sim and a house. She is a Fairy and her wings were in the ground and i couldn't see her but only a shadow.

• Is it possible to fix Seasons even though my version is 1.60 instead of 1.50?
  • Will the Ultimate Fix and the manual patch can fix my game even though the manual patch didn't downgrade me to 1.50?
For my other problem. Whenever i download the Ultimate Fix, my Antivirus, Nortan 360, deletes the exe files in the Late Night folder but I'm pretty sure it's deleting the other files as well since all i see in the folders are .dll files. The weird thing is that they weren't classified as a "Threat" 2 days ago when fixing Supernatural. NOW, they're a threat. I don't wanna disable my antivirus cause i don't wanna deal with something weird on my browser **** up my laptop.

It's very troublesome... Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Edit: Oh and another thing.

Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED] 2ShfK

This happens whenever i install Seasons. The Supernatural icon is supposed to be showing but it makes it look like i don't have it when in reality, i do. Is this supposed to happen???

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 15:12

Fix is for 1.50, so it won't work with 1.60. Weird though, my game hasn't updated... When did yours update?
Use this manual patch to downgrade.

Second problem: you need to change the settings of your antivirus, to make it allow those files. You should have Exceptions somewhere in the settings. Add the files there.
Otherwise go to Quarantine (to get the files it deleted), and there mark the files as Always Accepted.
I'm not using Nortan 360, so I'm not sure those are the right terms, but usually that's how it's called...

Third problem: That is definitely not normal... Do you have the contents from Supernatural in your game?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons won't work + Antivirus deleting Ultimate Fix files. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Mon 13 May 2013, 17:20

As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a 1.60 update. So I would definitely double check what your base game version is at, because that may be a very big issue.

Also, if you do have it at that version, what you'll need to do is uninstall the base game, restart your computer, reinstall, then use the above link to the manual patch to update it to the correct state.

Even if it's not at that patch, please re-do the manual patch, and then try applying (just the #crack folder) the ultimate fix.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 01:15

invalidusername wrote:As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a 1.60 update. So I would definitely double check what your base game version is at, because that may be a very big issue.

Also, if you do have it at that version, what you'll need to do is uninstall the base game, restart your computer, reinstall, then use the above link to the manual patch to update it to the correct state.

Even if it's not at that patch, please re-do the manual patch, and then try applying (just the #crack folder) the ultimate fix.

I tried the method you told me on the Ultimate Fix thread and it worked! Any mod can close this thread since it's fixed! Very Happy

//Helper EDIT: Problem solved, topic locked.
Shamrock

Last edited by Shamrock on Tue 14 May 2013, 10:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Topic solved)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top