Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED] Empty Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 00:07

I have purchased many of the Sims 3 expansions as well as the base game, but I don't have Seasons. I installed correctly and installed the crack and the ultimate fixer and the game launcher and game will not work. Do I have to have the base game installed form G4TW?

I'm running on an HP with Windows 8 64-bit.

Back to top Go down

Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:49

If all goes well, you should be able to use a downloaded EP/SP alongside a purchased (and installed) base game and purchased EP's/SP's.

Windows 8 (and 64-bit) should not be a problem, I'm using The Sims 3 with all EP's and SP's on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit which works perfectly.

Firstly, you must NOT use the crack that's included with the downloaded Seasons E(xpansion) P(ack) .rar, instead use the crack that's in the Ultimate Fix's "# Crack" folder  (TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll).

It's also important to update your game before applying the crack in the Ultimate Fix (easiest way to do this is going to the "Updates" tab in the launcher), if you haven't done that already.

And which launcher are you talking about? ("installed the game launcher")

Back to top Go down

Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can use purchased base game with downloaded SEASONS? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:29

I updated the game and now it works perfectly. Somehow it actually works without using any of the cracks. 

Strange...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:18

kmturne2 wrote:I updated the game and now it works perfectly. Somehow it actually works without using any of the cracks. 

Strange...

Do you have a physical disc from your latest expansion ? That would explain why you don't need a cracked game file. Also, I think if you purchased the latest expansion via Origin, then you shouldn't need a cracked game file either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:22

Yep! My latest purchased expansion is Island Paradise, so that would explain it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:24

kmturne2 wrote:Yep! My latest purchased expansion is Island Paradise, so that would explain it.

Well then ! Very Happy  Do you have any other questions or can I close the topic ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 04:47

Nope. Thanks!

Mod edit: if you have any other issues, feel free to open a new topic. I'll close this one now. Very Happy 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top