Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 00:06

Hi, so I have a legit (steam-bought) base game, showtime, late night, and generations. If that's a problem, please excuse my naivety. Today I wanted to download University Life and Supernatural, and I did. I installed them both and put them with my other expansion packs. I applied the fix as it told me to in the instructions before updating to 1.67 (even though I had already updated using the launcher awhile back). But whenever I go to start the game from either TS3W or the launcher, it gives me the error "Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)".

I've looked through multiple threads concerning the same issue, but unfortunately I still have not been able to fix my game. 

I hope having the legit game isn't the issue and that there is a quick solution. Thanks in advance!

Update: Today, the 27th of June, I reinstalled everything and fixed the registry yet I am still getting the same error.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 16:56

Ley wrote:Hi, so I have a legit (steam-bought) base game, showtime, late night, and generations. If that's a problem, please excuse my naivety. Today I wanted to download University Life and Supernatural, and I did. I installed them both and put them with my other expansion packs. I applied the fix as it told me to in the instructions before updating to 1.67 (even though I had already updated using the launcher awhile back). But whenever I go to start the game from either TS3W or the launcher, it gives me the error "Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)".

I've looked through multiple threads concerning the same issue, but unfortunately I still have not been able to fix my game. 

I hope having the legit game isn't the issue and that there is a quick solution. Thanks in advance!

Update: Today, the 27th of June, I reinstalled everything and fixed the registry yet I am still getting the same error.

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, but the Steam game (probably) isn't compatible with the Ultimate fix from here. Un-install that Steam base game, and re-boot the computer. Then re-download the base game from here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

After downloading, keep in mind this thread here too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I can't really tell whether Steam expansions are a problem too, but you should definitely try the base game from G4TW, for now, and see how it goes from there. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game : Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:56

Alright, thanks for the help. I'll try and make another thread if I have any more problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:54

Ley wrote:Alright, thanks for the help. I'll try and make another thread if I have any more problems.

If you want, you can update me about your progress here in this topic too. Smile  I'll leave this topic open for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top