Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 21:25

Hi! I have already searched this forum for fixes for this problem, read them, tried the fixes that we're provided but i still cant get the game to run. I installed the base game and the following expansions: world adventures, ambitions, supernatural, seasons and university life. I did everything you guys said on the post about how to install the sims correctly and used your ultimate fix. I still can't get it to work. When I try to open the launcher it says :"There was an error...Please see Log ..."

I don't know what to do. I already re -installed the game a bunch of times and i usually played the game with all the expansions. But then i decided to re.install them on account of the bug in university life and it hasn't work since then. Also, the game is up to date.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 21:35

and this is my registry:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by invalidusername Mon 15 Apr 2013, 06:03

Can you run the game fine if you bypass the launcher?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:07

nope, that's when the error occurs. i cant play the game at all

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 15 Apr 2013, 13:54

Hello,

You probably forgot to restart the pc after you uninstalled to reinstall. In that case you'll have to reinstall again. I'd recommend using youruninstaller pro (available here) for that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 20:55

I did that and it still didn't work =(

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:46

Hello,

Ok in that case I'd recommend asking Admin to have a look with teamviewer, but I'm not sure when he'll be available.
If you're comfortable with it, you could also have a look at the registry yourself after uninstalling. You can use this video to guide you in the right direction.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top