Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED] Empty Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 23:37

Hello to all.

I did some searching, but did not seem to find anything related to my problem, well the wife's problem.

First he computer is capable of running the Sims 3, I have made sure of that. All Direct X, Flash, everything that I can think of is up to date, including all video drivers and such. Her system is XP SP3 and it is all current.

Her game installation consists of the following:

The Sims 3 [1.19.44] - Updated to 1.22.9
The Sims 3: World Adventures
The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3: Ambitions
The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3: Late Night
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff

The game launches with the Outdoor Living loading screen.

I have added pretty much all the store content up to August, via torrent download and have installed the following towns:

Areca Island [working fine]
Barnacle Bay [working fine]
Forest Hills [working fine]
Greenville Island [working fine]
Longview II [crashes at loading though]
Oakwood & Oakwood Late Night [Both also crash at loading]
Riverview [working fine]
Bridgeport [working but high rise building have no access and do not display right].
Rovington Island[working]

Note: Williamsburg [would not install]

The main thing I am trying to resolve is the missing floor and inability to access any of the high rise type buildings.
They show up in the game, and this is in "Bridgeport', but only a portion of the ground floor lobby shows, and what ever
apartment and such the character is to have access to on a upper level shows, floating in mid air, and there is no access to it and or the buildings.

Can anyone possibly help out with this?

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 13:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Back to top Go down

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED] Empty Re: Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 23:59

Hello,

Did you try downloading / installing other (perhaps updated/fixed) versions of the neighbourhoods?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED] Empty Re: Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:20

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have thought of that, and I have been googling for locations to download updated or fixed towns, but honestly I'm not sure where to find them. Are any available on the site here. Sorry if a noob question. The game is for my wife, and I just essentially provide her tech support.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the files I have, but that has not helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:22

jsvez2010 wrote:Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have thought of that, and I have been googling for locations to download updated or fixed towns, but honestly I'm not sure where to find them. Are any available on the site here. Sorry if a noob question. The game is for my wife, and I just essentially provide her tech support.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the files I have, but that has not helped.
Hello,

Ah, haha, I'm not very good with these kind of unofficial game mods.
Hmmm... try playing the game on the lowest settings and in windowed mode. It might make a difference. Please let me know the result here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:34

Ok will do... She is playing at the moment, so when she takes a little break, I will try the suggestions.

So am I to take it that these additional towns are not truly supported towns for the sims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:37

jsvez2010 wrote:Ok will do... She is playing at the moment, so when she takes a little break, I will try the suggestions.

So am I to take it that these additional towns are not truly supported towns for the sims?
Hello,

Well, for example, Barnacle Bay is, but I'm not sure about "Greenville Island". Never heard of it myself, actually. But again, I'm not 100% sure, since I do not play this game at the moment and when I play, I do not use extra neighbourhoods. Let me do some research on that.

//EDIT

No, looks like a Custom map (Read: Not-official), the Greenville Island.

"Greenville Island requires the Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack and the free Riverview objects from the Sims 3 Store. The neighborhood includes all base game fishing, gem/rock and seed spawners. @ http://sims3town.com/downloads/greenville-island/
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:41

Ok...

Well one location I found for some of the tows was here:
sims3towns dot com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 08 Aug 2011, 01:03

jsvez2010 wrote:Ok...

Well one location I found for some of the tows was here:
sims3towns dot com
Hello,

Can't you find an updated and/or fixed version there?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 01:12

Actually have downloaded the Oakwood updates, have to install them.. The one she is wanting to play is the "Bridgeport', not on that site, I believe it came in the Late Night Pack, yes it did I double checked that, it came in the Late Night Expansion.

Is there a way to get that alone, or do I need to download the expansion again and reinstall it?

If so can I reinstall it over my existing, will it mess up the cracked version of outdoor life and or the entire game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 08 Aug 2011, 02:36

Hello,

As far as I know it can only be installed with Late Night.
You can try searching Google, but as far as I can see, there are only CAW files. Or I'm not looking good, since it's 2.35 AM here at the moment.
Installing Late Night won't cause any harm, if you already have either Generations and/or Town Life Stuff applied. If you don't have one of those expansions, you need to install one of them first, in order to make it all work, as described here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If it's all too hard and want to do your wife a pleasure, I can install it all correctly for you via TeamViewer. It makes stuff a lot easier for you and me.

//EDIT

But I'll first go and get some sleep now, if you don't mind.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 03:17

Thank you, yes please rest. I really appreciate your input, will talk soon,

//EDIT

Looking at her game and my installation order, Generations and or Town Life Stuff came after Late Night. Doy think that there are fixes in these that would correct her issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:17

jsvez2010 wrote:Thank you, yes please rest. I really appreciate your input, will talk soon,

//EDIT

Looking at her game and my installation order, Generations and or Town Life Stuff came after Late Night. Doy think that there are fixes in these that would correct her issue?
Hello,

You mean updating the game to the latest version? You can do that by applying this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Though, if it's an unofficial world, don't expect the Sims 3 updates to fix problems, because those unofficial worlds are updated by their creator.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 13:48; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2011, 01:18

Hey there,

Sorry have not written sooner, I have been downloading some of the game files, I wanted to ask.

I re-downloaded The Late Night expansion from games for the world for the sims. If I reinstall that into the game directory, and let it overwrite the existing installation, would that work to possibly fix the issue. I know during the initial install there were a couple of errors, so I was thinking that may work to fix it. But would this affect the crack for the outdoor life which was the last expansion installed. the game loads showing the outdoor life expansion, as this was the last one installed, and the last one cracked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 13 Aug 2011, 13:51

Hello,

Shouldn't cause any problems if you do it like this:

1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3: Late Night.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall Late Night. (Don't apply a crack for it)
4. See if it works now.

If you still have got any more problems, please feel free to contact me via the Forum's chatbox when I'm online, so I can help you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 22:42

Hey there, hoping you will peek at this. I have decided to remove and reinstall the entire game for the wife, just cannot deal with the errors and such she is getting from my initial installation. I am currently re-downloading the base game and all the expansions, plus the extra content files thru August that G4TW has posted. I am just going to save her saved game folder so I will at least have her saved games, I do not believe this will corrupt a clean install will it?

I plan to follow your installation step by step, but I did want to confirm the order if possible.

1. Install the base game (G4TW Version). But do I let it update, or will this be done during the installation of the expansions and fixes? (I forget, will I need a serial for this, and I assume I do not block the program during initial install, correct?).

2. Going to install Generations as instructed.

3. Going to install Town Life Stuff also.

4. Install High End Loft.

5. Install Fast Lane Stuff.

6. Install Ambitions.

7. Install World Adventures

8. Install Outdoor Living

I plan to install each without running the game until all are completed.

9. Install The final fix download after all the above files have been installed, and apply the crack only as directed.

10. I assume this order will be ok, if you have a better suggested order I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

11. I plan upon completion and a successful run of the game, I want to install the store update pack.

I hope this has not been too much, I just hate when sitting next to her and I hear that groan when it does something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Aug 2011, 23:07

jsvez2010 wrote:Hey there, hoping you will peek at this. I have decided to remove and reinstall the entire game for the wife, just cannot deal with the errors and such she is getting from my initial installation. I am currently re-downloading the base game and all the expansions, plus the extra content files thru August that G4TW has posted. I am just going to save her saved game folder so I will at least have her saved games, I do not believe this will corrupt a clean install will it?

I plan to follow your installation step by step, but I did want to confirm the order if possible.

1. Install the base game (G4TW Version). But do I let it update, or will this be done during the installation of the expansions and fixes? (I forget, will I need a serial for this, and I assume I do not block the program during initial install, correct?).

2. Going to install Generations as instructed.

3. Going to install Town Life Stuff also.

4. Install High End Loft.

5. Install Fast Lane Stuff.

6. Install Ambitions.

7. Install World Adventures

8. Install Outdoor Living

I plan to install each without running the game until all are completed.

9. Install The final fix download after all the above files have been installed, and apply the crack only as directed.

10. I assume this order will be ok, if you have a better suggested order I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

11. I plan upon completion and a successful run of the game, I want to install the store update pack.

I hope this has not been too much, I just hate when sitting next to her and I hear that groan when it does something wrong.
Hello,

Be sure that you completely backup the saves folder in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
It shouldn't cause any problems when you put it back later, at least if the save is not corrupt. Let's assume it isn't. Anyhow, this is the same order, just a little bit more specific:

1. Install the base game, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet! (The Serial Code can be found in the included "# Installation Guide.txt")

2. Install Generations, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet!

3. Install Town Life Stuff, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet!

4. Install HELS, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet!

5. Install Fast Lane Stuff, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet!

6. Install Ambitions, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet!

7. Install World Adventures, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet! (Skip all steps that tell you to do anything with the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need the "# Crack" folder at all, just install the game)

8. Install Outdoor Living, but DO NOT apply any cracks yet!

9. Open the game's launcher and update to the latest version. (You need to download and install the EA Download Manager - now called "Origin" - in order to update!)

10. Download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix, but do not apply it, only open it. Open up the "# Crack" folder and then the "Town Life Stuff/Generations" folder in there. You'll see a .exe and a .dll file. Drag & drop both files to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up, telling you the files already exist.

11. Start the game and pray that it works. If you've done all steps correctly, it should work fine now. If it works fine, you can start applying the Store Packs.

If it didn't work, please let me know what your problem is and I'll try to help you. Good luck and be sure to let me know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 00:38

Thanks... I will follow the instructions to the letter and let you know..

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Aug 2011, 00:56

jsvez2010 wrote:Thanks... I will follow the instructions to the letter and let you know..
Hi there,

Good, thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:30

Hey there, not sure if you are checking your messages, but was just about to start the installation, and just wanted to ask. I downloaded the Origin down-loader for EA. is it ok to install that before I install anything else, that way it is on the computer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:45

jsvez2010 wrote:Hey there, not sure if you are checking your messages, but was just about to start the installation, and just wanted to ask. I downloaded the Origin down-loader for EA. is it ok to install that before I install anything else, that way it is on the computer?
Hello,

Yes, it doesn't matter when you actually install it, but you'll need it at the end, because it's required in order to be able to update the game to the latest version. However, there's no need to keep it actually open when playing; it'll automatically open when needed.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:49

Thanks... Appreciate the response.. Well here goes my friend, time to boot her off her computer, clean it up and tackle the beast...

Take it easy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:52

jsvez2010 wrote:Thanks... Appreciate the response.. Well here goes my friend, time to boot her off her computer, clean it up and tackle the beast...

Take it easy..
Hi there,

Haha, good luck and be sure to let me know the result and/or any problems.

Ps. I do not read any PM's about problems nor do I reply to problems send via the e-mail form on my profile. These are for Forum and administrative issues only. If you have any problems/questions, please post them on the Forum or e-mail us at: Games4theworld@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 00:51

Ok, with regards to the PM's and such, and will let you know.. I assume my replies hers are ok?

One last thing, if ok to ask? Do I need to disconnect her from the web during the install, honestly, I do not remember for the life of me if I did before?

//EDIT

Having to try to download the base game again.. I kept getting a CRC error on both .iso files for different portions, not sure what could be. I tried to look to the forums for a CRC error fix, as I did not want to tell it to ignore and install, have had enough of that.

When I was installing, kept stopping at "Sunset Valley Cache"

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Aug 2011, 16:59

Hello,

Did you install the game as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 18:44

Yep... Winrar is all I use. I use poweriso for the iso files to mount them. Should I copy the files off the image files? Well I re-downloaded, and checked the .rar file and got no errors, so a bit later I will try the installation again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top