Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 23:37

First topic message reminder :

Hello to all.

I did some searching, but did not seem to find anything related to my problem, well the wife's problem.

First he computer is capable of running the Sims 3, I have made sure of that. All Direct X, Flash, everything that I can think of is up to date, including all video drivers and such. Her system is XP SP3 and it is all current.

Her game installation consists of the following:

The Sims 3 [1.19.44] - Updated to 1.22.9
The Sims 3: World Adventures
The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3: Ambitions
The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3: Late Night
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff

The game launches with the Outdoor Living loading screen.

I have added pretty much all the store content up to August, via torrent download and have installed the following towns:

Areca Island [working fine]
Barnacle Bay [working fine]
Forest Hills [working fine]
Greenville Island [working fine]
Longview II [crashes at loading though]
Oakwood & Oakwood Late Night [Both also crash at loading]
Riverview [working fine]
Bridgeport [working but high rise building have no access and do not display right].
Rovington Island[working]

Note: Williamsburg [would not install]

The main thing I am trying to resolve is the missing floor and inability to access any of the high rise type buildings.
They show up in the game, and this is in "Bridgeport', but only a portion of the ground floor lobby shows, and what ever
apartment and such the character is to have access to on a upper level shows, floating in mid air, and there is no access to it and or the buildings.

Can anyone possibly help out with this?

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 13:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Back to top Go down

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 22 Aug 2011, 16:59

Hello,

Did you install the game as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wife cannot access any of the high rise buildings in "Bridgeport".[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 18:44

Yep... Winrar is all I use. I use poweriso for the iso files to mount them. Should I copy the files off the image files? Well I re-downloaded, and checked the .rar file and got no errors, so a bit later I will try the installation again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Aug 2011, 19:13

jsvez2010 wrote:Yep... Winrar is all I use. I use poweriso for the iso files to mount them. Should I copy the files off the image files? Well I re-downloaded, and checked the .rar file and got no errors, so a bit later I will try the installation again.
Hello,

No, you should keep them as an image during the installation.
Try using Daemon Tools lite. (See our free Mounting Guide on www.games4theworld.org > All our Downloads > free Mounting Guide for more information)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 00:36

Ok, using daemon tools, seems to be working, Thanks again. Base game is going in. Once all is installed, and I have cracked after the final install, is it ok to let it connect through the firewall or should I block this?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 23 Aug 2011, 13:11

Hello,
There's no harm in unblocking Origin in your firewall, it may even be required to download updates through Origin.
Unblocking the game itself in your firewall serves no purpose as it doesn't go online.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:01

One additional question, hope someone is there to let me know. I downloaded the standalond update for sims 3 the most recent patch

TS3_1.24.3.0120xx_update.exe

Can I just install this update not using the download manager and then crack the game as you instructed. I have everything installed.

Guess being a bit overly cautious, but you gotta know my wife and you would be too.

Also, when I look in the Bib folder there are (3) launchers, should one of these be used, or is it best to just create a shortcut to the TS3 file I placed in there for launching the game and skip the launcher?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:06

jsvez2010 wrote:One additional question, hope someone is there to let me know. I downloaded the standalond update for sims 3 the most recent patch

TS3_1.24.3.0120xx_update.exe

Can I just install this update not using the download manager and then crack the game as you instructed. I have everything installed.

Guess being a bit overly cautious, but you gotta know my wife and you would be too.

Also, when I look in the Bib folder there are (3) launchers, should one of these be used, or is it best to just create a shortcut to the TS3 file I placed in there for launching the game and skip the launcher?
Hello,

In order to update the game safely, please use this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (You must have Origin / EADM installed in order to be able to update the game)

The Fix has everything in it: original files, crack, instructions. If you follow all the steps very carefully, there's nothing to worry about.
You should be able to use the launcher without any problems.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:26

Ok,

Just want to go the best rout.

I have followed all your instructions to the letter. I now have everything downloaded and installed all the way to Step 9.

I have installed Origin, actually did this before I had installed anything.

I guess my confusion and or cautiousness, was from the instruction in

Step 9. "Open the game's launcher and update to the latest version. (You need to download and install the EA Download Manager - now called "Origin" - in order to update!)".

I guess was more wanting to verify to go into the bin folder and double click the launcher.exe or start from the Sims 3 desktop shortcut.

Oh and I did install everything just as you instructed, thanks, I had to re-download a couple games, had some CRC errors, but I got them and all went in well, just have to update and crack the game. Oh and I installed Late Night after World Adventures, but before Outdoor Life, as Late Night was not on the list for install order, previously posted, so I hope this is ok also.

As for the ultimate fix, I downloaded and saved the cracked files from the Townlife Stuff/Generations folder, just as instructed. and will copy them into the folder. without actually running the fix...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:31

Hello,

Don't forget where to copy the crack to. (See THIS for help!)

The order isn't really important, but just for the best result, it's recommended to use the order from the "How-to-install" page.
I assume everything is going good so far?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:41

Yes, So far I have installed everything, with no errors once I downloaded the last two expansions I installed. I am just moving the install files to her backup drive, and then I will launch the game and try to update thru the EA download manager. then I will copy and paste the crack files into the bin folder... Will let you know how it goes.

//EDIT

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed everything and it is working

Only seem to have lost 1 saved game of hers, so that is not too bad.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top