Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My settings are stuck on low!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My settings are stuck on low!  Empty My settings are stuck on low!

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 01:34

Hey guys,
I've been doing a lot of reading and there are different theories on what I should do but nothing has worked. So I was hoping someone here could help me. I cannot save the setting in my game. Then when I'm in game my Sims look awful. I have been playing it for a long time and just ran into this issue. I have the Sims 3 with all extension packs installed, windows 8, 8 GB of RAM, Intel hd graphics. My drivers are updated too btw. I do use cc. When I get to the main menu i get an error warning saying that there's an unrecognized graphics card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what else to do. 
My settings are stuck on low!  <a href=My settings are stuck on low!  Simssc14" /> 
 Help

Back to top Go down

My settings are stuck on low!  Empty Re: My settings are stuck on low!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Jul 2014, 13:11

Hello,

First of all, it's not recommended to play with these "integrated graphics chips" for a longer time - they are not constructed for gaming purposes, and using them for a longer period of time can even lead to some kind of hardware damage; but let's not hope this is the case with you.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and look for the Options.ini file. Right-click on it and select "Properties". See if the box "read-only" is marked, and if yes, UNMARK the box and save the changes (click on "apply" and then "OK).

Re-start the game and see if the options can be changed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top