Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jul 2014, 20:15

Hi, thanks in advance if you're trying to help me

So I downloaded a bunch of store content from g4tw sims 3 store downloads page yesterday. I tried to put the fix in my mods packages folder as instructed because I'm using .sims3packs and it didn't work. When I try to go in game with the fixes my game either crashes or it'll load forever once I leave build buy mode to the point i just have to close my game. But once I took them out my game works but I'm just unsure about using the content without the fixes. Any idea why this would be happening?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Jul 2014, 22:56

kaylove wrote:Hi, thanks in advance if you're trying to help me

So I downloaded a bunch of store content from g4tw sims 3 store downloads page yesterday. I tried to put the fix in my mods packages folder as instructed because I'm using .sims3packs and it didn't work. When I try to go in game with the fixes my game either crashes or it'll load forever once I leave build buy mode to the point i just have to close my game. But once I took them out my game works but I'm just unsure about using the content without the fixes. Any idea why this would be happening?

Hello,

Can you at first go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the scriptCache.package file ? Then, are you absolutely sure you applied all the store fix files correctly ?

There is also a ccmerged.package file in the fixes, which you need to put in Mods/Packages AND into the DCBackup folder too (replacing all existing files) ! So please re-read the instructions if you're unsure about that.

About the endless loop, I'm unsure, but can you try using the option "save as..." right when your game starts up ? Choose a different name for the new savegame, and when the saving is finished, exit to the main menu. Now, play in the "new" save, for which you chose a new name. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 store fixes not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2014, 22:51

I believe i did it correctly...Do I have to replace my cc merged in the dcbackup folder because it was already in there. the guide just said to make sure it was in there

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jul 2014, 22:57

kaylove wrote:I believe i did it correctly...Do I have to replace my cc merged in the dcbackup folder because it was already in there. the guide just said to make sure it was in there

Yes, just to be safe, replace the ccmerged in the DCBackup-folder, again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jul 2014, 23:30

Yayy! Thank you so much! You're always a life saver! I replaced it and testing my build buy and it worked and I tested my save and it worked and I even tested some content and it worked! Thank you thank  Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 21 Jul 2014, 00:32

Hi there,

You're welcome.
I'll close this topic now. Next time please keep all your problems regarding the same game in one topic. Continue here, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17312-quick-island-paradise-and-into-the-future-help#118961
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top