Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unknown Error Occurred"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unknown Error Occurred"  Empty "Unknown Error Occurred"

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:00

Hi, I installed the base game earlier just now, everything went very well, I played it several times today. Then I tried getting an expansion pack (Into The Future). The installation for the expansion pack went well too, I did all the stuff, converting it to .dmg and all that. When I tried installing the EP, it says my base game is too old then I realised I need an update as the version I have right now is 1.27 or something near that. When I try updating, the game won't let me update (I updated it from the game launcher, so I figured it might work.) But I can't update so I went and download the fix for Mac, read through the installation guide and applied the crack to my base game. I'm not sure what I did wrong but when I tried launching the game, a message popped up, it says 'unknown error occurred'. Does this mean I need to re-install the game again or? I followed the how to install sims 3 correctly guide I found on this site, and am very clear that the base game I downloaded was from the link I got from the guide. The base game I got didn't come with a crack, I guess it was already crack and it does not require any serial code. Two days ago I downloaded a base game that required a crack and a serial code, but when I tried playing it was asking for a disk so I uninstalled it. Is there a latest base game that I can download? Please tell me what I did wrong, your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

"Unknown Error Occurred"  Empty Re: "Unknown Error Occurred"

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 14:58

Hello Smile

So, you updated the game to 1.67, cracked it but can't play anymore ?

If I get it right, you have a pre-cracked version of the base game ?
I've never tried pre-cracked game on Mac but knowing how EA works, I'd say that it might be the problem. The problem being, you can't patch a cracked game, so you'd need to put originals files ( uncracked ) files into the game to patch and than, crack again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:16

coffeejunkie wrote:Hello Smile

So, you updated the game to 1.67, cracked it but can't play anymore ?

If I get it right, you have a pre-cracked version of the base game ?
I've never tried pre-cracked game on Mac but knowing how EA works, I'd say that it might be the problem. The problem being, you can't patch a cracked game, so you'd need to put originals files ( uncracked ) files into the game to patch and than, crack again.

Hi omg hahah. I'm kind of confused but do you have the link for the base game that isn't pre-cracked? Thank you so much for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:18

One more thing, my problem is if I don't crack the game, it won't let me update/patch. I'm not sure what I did wrong?  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:46

Ok, so we are all confused here Smile

The version you install and that works for the base game, you said you didn't need to crack it to play. Some versions of the game exist "pre-cracked" meaning the serial and crack are already included in the game so you just install and play.

There is a problem if your game can't update if you don't crack it.
Do you manually patch it or do you use the launcher ?
If you use the launcher to update : don't !
Instead, use this ( https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch ) manual patch.

You need to install a base game without any crack, than you update/patch with the latest patch, install Into the Future and finally crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 07:38

Ah, okay I get it now. So I should download the base game without any crack, and manually patch it. Is that right? But um, I can't seem to find the base game without any crack for Mac. Do you have any link to it? I found one, Razor1911 or something, but after I update to the latest version, it was asking for a CD. I'm not sure if I should re-download that or do you have something better I can download? Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:24

Ok !

The Razor version is the perfect one, but don't use the crack inside !!
It is normal that after your patch, it ask for a CD, that's what the crack is for. BUT ! Don't use the one with the game.
Each crack = a specific version.
So if you update, you need the crack for that version !

Since you want to install Into The Future too, here's what you'll do.

Install the Base Game
Patch to 1.67
Install Into The Future
Patch to 1.67 - yes, again Very Happy
Crack with the crack for 1.67 -> if you don't have it, here's a link -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/1mqnwr575nwdbwz/SOS+nodvd+-+S3+Base+1.67.20.zip

For future reference, here is a guide to install the Sims 3 Smile
https://www.mediafire.com/?2o8626mykljv4to

Last edited by coffeejunkie on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a link :))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 05:03

THANK YOU! That helped a lot. 

Oh by the way, is it a must to download ALL the expansion packs in order or can I just pick those that I want but in order? 

I'm so sorry with all the questions. Also, just to make sure.. How exactly do I patch the game? I don't want to be doing things wrong again.  Facepalm

To crack the game, I need to use the crack for 1.67, and simply replace two of the files under the crack folder into the base game is that right?

Thank you soooo much for your guidance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 05:11

The link you gave for the 1.67 crack doesn't work, it always brings me to my profile?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:25

Hello Smile

You don't need to install all the expansions, pick the ones you prefer and just follow the order Smile

It is fine to ask questions Very Happy

Patching is easy, just double-click the file and follow the instructions.

You have it right, cracking is just changing the 2 files in the base game.

I corrected the link for the crack, should be ok now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:43

Thank you so much. I hope it works, this time!  Very Happy

Oh and I saw a page saying it's better if I make a copy of the 2 files that originally came from the base game, in case the crack messed up the game, I can just replace it with the original one and it will work. Is it true?  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:44

Yes it is Smile

Always keep your original ( uncracked ) files - you never know when they might come in handy !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 15:34

Thank you so much! 

The base game is installing right now!  Very Happy 

I'll post if I encounter any more problems.

You helped a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 15:50

The base game (from Razor) is now installed. It's on version 1.0+. As you said above, patch it to 1.67 and you gave me the link for the crack. The problem now is, I don't know how exactly to patch. I know this may sound idiotic hahah but can you walk me through on how to patch? I know how to crack, but not patch? 

Oh btw, I checked in my 'bin' file for my base game, there isn't a file called TS3W.exe there's only TS3.exe. Is both the same?  Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 15:57

To patch, like I said, double-click on the patch file ( remember, you can download it here : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch ) 

The patch is a .Sims3Pack file ->double-click it !

It is normal to only have a TS3.exe file for the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 05:11

Hi, everything worked perfectly fine!

But if I want to install EP's before Into The Future, do I uninstall Into The Future first, then proceed to download or is it okay if I just download it as it is without uninstalling?

Oh where do I get free store contents? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:58

Well, since you only have In The Future installed, I'd say, don't take any chances and uninstall it BUT you can install EP and SP without problems even with Into The Future already installed.

Before installing new EP/SP, don't forget that if you cracked your game, to remove the cracked files and put back the originals in Wink

You can get free store content from here !
http://games4theworlddownloads.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 11:16

Okay! So I need to put back the original files and install any other EP and SP. Then patch it (or not?). Lastly crack the game?  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 11:17

Absolutely ! You got it right Smile

Put back the originals
Install other EP/SP
Patch
Crack
Play !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 12:15

The launcher wants me to patch as there is new store content, do I patch or do I leave it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 12:16

Just leave it Smile
It will tell you this each time you play when connected to internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 04:53

Hi, so everything worked fine even with the new EPs I downloaded. But the problem is, when I played half way through, the game crashed with an error message, I don't remember what it says. But what is the possible reason causing this to happen? Is there a fix to it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 15:54

It depends on the error message I'm sorry :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top