Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black sims and some other furniture

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black sims and some other furniture Empty Black sims and some other furniture

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 17:40

Hello I've tried search for the solution but still haven't found the worked one..
I've got some problem after the store content patch update notification appeared. I first ignored it but then all my sims went all black and also the floor and some furniture. So I thought updated it would somehow fix it. And then it actually worked, my sims went back normal after I updated the store content patch. But then when I played other saved family (different save slot), it went black again.
I then updated the game to the latest patch hope it would fix the problem (it was 1.63--I haven't done any update just until now--and I updated it to 1.67). But it's still the same.
The CC are all uninstalled already, and I did delete the caches. I have tried the ultimate fix too. I have tried with totally new town, new sims, but still.

I've got Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future installed.
I'm running Windows XP (yes still XP) on my old laptop.

Any idea? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Black sims and some other furniture Empty Re: Black sims and some other furniture

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:55

risaa wrote:Hello I've tried search for the solution but still haven't found the worked one..
I've got some problem after the store content patch update notification appeared. I first ignored it but then all my sims went all black and also the floor and some furniture. So I thought updated it would somehow fix it. And then it actually worked, my sims went back normal after I updated the store content patch. But then when I played other saved family (different save slot), it went black again.
I then updated the game to the latest patch hope it would fix the problem (it was 1.63--I haven't done any update just until now--and I updated it to 1.67). But it's still the same.
The CC are all uninstalled already, and I did delete the caches. I have tried the ultimate fix too. I have tried with totally new town, new sims, but still.

I've got Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future installed.
I'm running Windows XP (yes still XP) on my old laptop.

Any idea? Thanks.

Hello,

When did you install The Sims 3 on that laptop ? Is it a recent installation ? Or: when exactly did you notice that your sims went "black" ? Did you change anything about your game or your computer, before this happened ?

Also, can you give me some more information about your computer ? How many GBs of RAM does it have ? And do you know how to update the graphics drivers ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Black sims and some other furniture Empty Re: Black sims and some other furniture

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 08:39

Um I installed The Sims 3 on this laptop in May 2013. 
I did put some new clothes packages (when it was still 1.63), that worked fine for couple of days.

It has 1.87 GB of RAM.. The Sims 3 has worked just fine since I first installed on it, though.
And no I don't know how to update the graphics drivers on XP.. I think this laptop graphics drivers hasn't been updated for ages.

Edit: The graphics driver has been updated. And still no working on The Sims 3..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Jul 2014, 00:00

risaa wrote:Um I installed The Sims 3 on this laptop in May 2013. 
I did put some new clothes packages (when it was still 1.63), that worked fine for couple of days.

It has 1.87 GB of RAM.. The Sims 3 has worked just fine since I first installed on it, though.
And no I don't know how to update the graphics drivers on XP.. I think this laptop graphics drivers hasn't been updated for ages.

Edit: The graphics driver has been updated. And still no working on The Sims 3..

Hello again and sorry for the late reply,

1.87 GB of RAM is not good, but I'll get to that later on. If you say the game worked fine on 1.63, then I'd now suggest you un-install all your games again. After that, re-boot the computer.

Then you re-install everything again. I know it's a pain doing that, but I can't suggest an easier solution. If you need the 1.63 Ultimate fix, get it here:

http://goo.gl/NF92ad

The 1.63 manual patch is here:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.63.5.0240xx_update.exe

Next, have you heard about the tool "GameBooster" ? Get it on Piratebay. The use of it should be straightforward, but if you need more assistance on that, let me know. Also, make sure to completely turn off any anti-virus/anti-malware software, to free up system resources for your gaming.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top