Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 01:15

Hello! Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED] 1577371209
I did a search and did not find another thread with this topic.
I seem to be having some issues with build/buy objects in game. I start the game and decide to build on an empty lot or one with a house prebuilt and the doors, windows, columns, plants etc do not show up, though the fireplaces do scratch the build objects are unselectable and tell me that I am not allowed to place them on the lot.
The base game is one I have purchased myself, then I downloaded G4TW Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, and Pets. I applied the cracks as it said in the Instruction Manual that came with the Ultimate Fix. I do have custom content and mods but none of them seem like they would affect the build/buy objects as none of them are core mods, if that even matters I am unsure WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The only explanation I can think of is that I am running patch 1.29, but I could not find the Ultimate Fix compatible with that patch, it is instead updated for 1.33. I didn't want that patch because of all the issues I am hearing about it such as crashes on startup or in CAS, I had installed it as well as Showtime and none of my Custom Content worked. So Showtime along with patch 1.33 has since been uninstalled.
I have included some screenshots to help better understand my issue (I do have more links but am unable to post more than 2). Any information would be much appreciated, thank you! I love you
~Radeo

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Mar 2012, 09:13

Hello,

I still think it's related to mods/cc. It's simple to test, if you drag the mods folder out of My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and onto the desktop, start the game and see if it works.
It's not only core mods that cause problems.
Though it could also be caused by your game version being incomptible with your crack, if I understand correctly, you're using the latest fix in combination with patch level 1.29.
I still have the 1.29 crack, I'll upload it for you.
Edit: Here it is.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Doors, Windows, and Furniture do not show up in Build/Buy Mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 07:38

thank you so much for uploading the 1.29 crack for me, that was very nice of you!
so in order for this to work i first put all the content from the ultimate fix in the correct folders, then do step 11 and 12, then instead of using the content in the #crack folder i use the one from the 1.29 crack?
do i even need to do steps 11 & 12?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:24

Hello,

If your game is at patch level 1.29, you only have to put this crack in the base game\bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 22:14

i did the steps from the ultimate fix in the correct order, but had downloaded the 1.29 patch from simprograms, that is the only place i am able to find a 1.29 patch, and had used that in place of the 1.33 patch along with the crack you gave me. my sims will load, but that is it. after the game opens the screen is just black. im not entirely sure what i am doing wrong, but i know i must be missing something scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 30 Mar 2012, 22:34

Hello,

Do you get any errors at any point?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 00:14

no errors, but i did only load it once before uninstalling it since all i got was a black screen. the sims cursor shows up and thats it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:12

Hello,

Do you still have the mods folder in place? If you do, I'd recommend removing it for now by dragging&dropping it on your desktop, then try to start your game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 20:52

Ive removed and uninstalled everything, only the base game is currently installed without any mods.
I can only assume its the patch that I used. I had downloaded it from SimPrograms. Do patches need to be cracked as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 01 Apr 2012, 00:36

Hello,

No, they don't.
Please try this, just to troubleshoot:

1. Download and apply this manual patch:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch-updated
(Re-do it if the wizard tells you already have the latest version of
the game)

2. Re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

3. Start the game and let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 20:20

All of those steps did work, thank you! If using the 1.33 patch is the only way I am able to play the sims I suppose I could do that. Though the 1.29 patch is definitely preferable at this time, whether G4TW is able to provide that is a different story Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 01 Apr 2012, 20:47

Hello,

Good to hear that it worked.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top