Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix? Empty Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix?

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 15:01

Hi all. Downloaded and installed the Sims 3 Base Game, Pets Expansion, Supernatural Expansion and Ambitions Expansion and followed the instructions in the "Must Read" thread (used the manual patch, ultimate fix etc). I've started the game, created some save games etc. Now I'm wondering if I am able to download and install another expansion such as World Adventures without losing progress? I figure I'd just need to download it and crack it, but do I need to do the Ultimate Fix again? If so, should I apply those Ultimate Fix patches to all my expansions, or just whatever new ones?

Any help would be much appreciated  Noob 

Thanks!
Helena

Back to top Go down

Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix? Empty Re: Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix?

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 19:08

Hi hi,

The process is shown to you here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
..but yes everytime you download a new expansion or stuff pack, you have to apply the Ultimate Fix. Depending on the Update, like if its a new update or something, you may have to re-apply it to older games. I tend to just do it over and over to be on the safe side. Hint: You know if its done properly if all your games are highlighted at the bottom of the launcher. If they aren't, then you didnt do it properly.

This process has not been reported to affected anyone's save data but you can never be too sure. So here is some info on how to backup your Sim's game.

To back up your save game, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15765-how-to-recover-saves

To back up your entire game, Guide: How to backup your Sims 3 Folder

I hope this helps =^^=

Back to top Go down

Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix? Empty Re: Can I install other expansions after using Ultimate Fix?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 05:04

Thank you stabitha666! Good to hear it hasn't messed up anyone's saves so far, but I'll back them up anyway. Like you say, there's no harm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top