Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :( Empty Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :(

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 21:30

I don't know if its a bug or there's something wrong with the game itself, but whenever I try to save after editing a town or build/buying on a new lot in a new game, the save screen would come up and the circle thing around the green diamond would keep on moving. 

I force quit the game and try again. I've encountered this more than once, so I'm not sure if its something I installed wrong or my copy of the game is wacked.

Please please help. Sad

ps. Ive installed the base game (for the mac with the .app file) until university, with all my installers coming from g4tw. I do have mods and cc on.  

Help  Help

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :( Empty Re: Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :(

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 16:36

Do you edit a town with a family selected ?

If so, than start a new game with the same family and see if the problem happens again.

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :( Empty Re: Stuck on Save Screen ( 2 Hours and Going) :(

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 17:08

I've started it again, but this time I realized it only happened after Ive used a cheat. Any cheat for that matter, even if I turn off the cheat it won't save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 17:09

In your SavedGame folder, look for any backup_bad ( or something like it, I don't have it precisely in mind ) - delete it and see if it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 17:15

Hi there! Thanks for the suggestion Smile When I tried to just delete the bad backup, it wouldn't work and decided to reset my whole sims to original factory settings. It worked like a charm but Im slowly putting back my old saves, so far its okay without the mods. 

I'll try and figure out which one was messing up the game, but thanks for the help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Aug 2014, 12:44

Hi everyone,
I'm replying because i have the same problem, but the solution given here doesn't work for me Sad.

The problem: 
The game saves FOREVER after building a new door, forcing me to quit.
In edit town mode, the families and lots have names that are file paths. (e.g. dot08_WORLD/emptylot/.... (i can't remember the rest).

Thing I've tried that did not work:
- removing mods (I only have the store fix from this site)
- running without CC
- uninstalling and re-installing worlds
- choosing save as
- playing with a different family

... all of these result in endless saving, making the game unplayable Sad.

Does anyone recognize this problem or maybe have a suggestion to fixing it? I would be forever grateful!!

thanks in advance
Jules

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Aug 2014, 15:42

Did you try to just delete the cache files in your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 folder ?

- CASPartCache.package
- compositorCache.package
- scriptCache.package
- simCompositorCache.package
- socialCache.package

I'd suggest you check your Saves folder too, if you see any backup with backup_bad -> delete it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:25

Hi,
thanks for replying!
I deleted the cache files and the backup but it's not helping. =(
Any other suggestions? 

PS: when i choose a household in a new town to see if it's working the sims don't have names but file paths. maybe this is a clue?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:07

Julesrules wrote:Hi,
thanks for replying!
I deleted the cache files and the backup but it's not helping. =(
Any other suggestions? 

PS: when i choose a household in a new town to see if it's working the sims don't have names but file paths. maybe this is a clue?

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the late reply, but in case you haven't noticed it yet, please take some time to check out this thread here, by me:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17462-possible-issues-with-store-fixes

On page 2 of that thread, I have uploaded "corrected" store fixes, with which the saving process should work again. Good luck ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top