Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims won't WooHoo!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims won't WooHoo! Empty Sims won't WooHoo!

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 01:11

My married Sims won't WooHoo anymore. I'm not sure why, but the option just stopped showing up all of a sudden. I can get them to flirt until they find each other "Extremely Irresistible", but they won't WooHoo. They used to be able to.

I have a few mods installed, but I've had them for a while. This problem is brand new. As in, last-night-brand-new.

Also, there's only three Sims in the household. The married couple, and their adult daughter. Their son died, and the other daughter moved out and is married with her own child.

EDIT: Sometimes the option shows up. But the "Try For Baby" option is gone all together.

EDIT 2: OK... I had the wife drink the "Young Again" lifetime reward potion, and now the option to "Try For Baby" is back again. Which is weird, because there was never a problem with her age before. I had her drink the "Age Freeze" potion on the day she was to become an Elder, but she was still able to have children. I don't know what this was about...

Last edited by persephone325 on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 03:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add info, then add more info)

Back to top Go down

Sims won't WooHoo! Empty Re: Sims won't WooHoo!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Jul 2014, 22:06

persephone325 wrote:My married Sims won't WooHoo anymore. I'm not sure why, but the option just stopped showing up all of a sudden. I can get them to flirt until they find each other "Extremely Irresistible", but they won't WooHoo. They used to be able to.

I have a few mods installed, but I've had them for a while. This problem is brand new. As in, last-night-brand-new.

Also, there's only three Sims in the household. The married couple, and their adult daughter. Their son died, and the other daughter moved out and is married with her own child.

EDIT: Sometimes the option shows up. But the "Try For Baby" option is gone all together.

EDIT 2: OK... I had the wife drink the "Young Again" lifetime reward potion, and now the option to "Try For Baby" is back again. Which is weird, because there was never a problem with her age before. I had her drink the "Age Freeze" potion on the day she was to become an Elder, but she was still able to have children. I don't know what this was about...

Hello,

I remember someone mentioning here that the game glitches when using this "age freeze potion", but I haven't really tried it myself yet. Have you actually tried just disabling the aging of sims, in the in-game options menu ? Smile  Weird glitches can happen all the time, unexpectedly. I would indeed go for disabling the aging in the options menu. And keeping the female sim as a (young) adult, all the time. 

Though I'm unsure if that is something you like, but my female sims have been young adults for 3 years now (since I first started playing TS3) :p
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 00:41

Carlos wrote:
persephone325 wrote:My married Sims won't WooHoo anymore. I'm not sure why, but the option just stopped showing up all of a sudden. I can get them to flirt until they find each other "Extremely Irresistible", but they won't WooHoo. They used to be able to.

Hello,

I remember someone mentioning here that the game glitches when using this "age freeze potion", but I haven't really tried it myself yet. Have you actually tried just disabling the aging of sims, in the in-game options menu ? Smile  Weird glitches can happen all the time, unexpectedly. I would indeed go for disabling the aging in the options menu. And keeping the female sim as a (young) adult, all the time. 

Though I'm unsure if that is something you like, but my female sims have been young adults for 3 years now (since I first started playing TS3) :p

LOL! If only real life could work like that. XD

I had her drink the "Young Again" potion, and she's now permanently at the start of Young Adulthood. It's weird, but I'm doing a game where I want the mom to outlive everyone in her family. Husband, kids, grandkids, etc. XD After I had her drink the Young Again potion, she was able to WooHoo and Try For Baby with her husband. I just thought it was weird that it would suddenly stop working, when I had no problems before.

Thank you though. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:15

persephone325 wrote:

I had her drink the "Young Again" potion, and she's now permanently at the start of Young Adulthood. It's weird, but I'm doing a game where I want the mom to outlive everyone in her family. Husband, kids, grandkids, etc. XD After I had her drink the Young Again potion, she was able to WooHoo and Try For Baby with her husband. I just thought it was weird that it would suddenly stop working, when I had no problems before.

Thank you though. ^^

Sounds very interesting...and I may try that too, sometime. I have also seen some other (minor) glitches related to aging (for example: I turned one of my female young adult sims into a simbot, and then turned her back, only to find out she had become and elder sim; but I had disabled the aging completely, before and during all this).

Yes, if it's possible in The Sims 3 to just disable again, why not ? Smile  Do you have any other questions for now ? Or I'll just leave the thread open, so that you can report back if you encounter that glitch again, despite turning off the aging.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:14

Carlos wrote:
persephone325 wrote:

Thank you though. ^^

Sounds very interesting...and I may try that too, sometime. I have also seen some other (minor) glitches related to aging (for example: I turned one of my female young adult sims into a simbot, and then turned her back, only to find out she had become and elder sim; but I had disabled the aging completely, before and during all this).

Yes, if it's possible in The Sims 3 to just disable again, why not ? Smile  Do you have any other questions for now ? Or I'll just leave the thread open, so that you can report back if you encounter that glitch again, despite turning off the aging.

I think I'm good for now! I'll leave it up to you whether to close the thread or not. ^^ Hopefully I won't have this problem again. But if I do, I'll know where to look! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Aug 2014, 01:41

persephone325 wrote:
I think I'm good for now! I'll leave it up to you whether to close the thread or not. ^^ Hopefully I won't have this problem again. But if I do, I'll know where to look! Very Happy

You're very welcome ! Very Happy  I think I'll leave the thread just open; so you can post back here again whenever you like. Smile  Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top