Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble installing Sims LN/OL torrent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble installing Sims LN/OL torrent Empty Trouble installing Sims LN/OL torrent

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2011, 05:11

Hi there, (First off, sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted to make sure I gave as much detail as I could.)

I'm not entirely technically savvy - but I know just enough to get by.... or at least I thought I did untill today.
I bought a new computer after my old one crashed and made sure it had all the requirements needed to play the new Sims 3 games (have been wanting to check them out).

So I (legally) purchased (CDs) of The Sims 3 Deluxe (w/ Ambitions), High End Loft Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff and Late Night. Get them all installed and anxiously press the play button on the Launcher. Only to get the darn "No Disc Found" error message. After several more attempts I take to the web in search of an answer.

Which lands me here. (Great site btw.) I find the forum w/ the 'Fix All' in it and think AWESOME! I download the fix (and am lucky to have already gotten WinZip) and look over the directions. At the top it states "2. Install our Late Night ánd Outdoor Living Stuff (!) release from www.games4theworld.org . (Otherwise the launcher still won't work)" --- Ok.... So I'm a bit confused... I already have those games, so why do I need to download them here... but I'll give anything a shot. I find the download page, and download them to my desktop. Then I go to open one of the files and it won't. It gives me an error message stating "Cannot open file; it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again". - Which I did, with the same result.

So here's my (few) questions:

1. What am I doing wrong installing these / opening these files from your website?
2. When (if?) I get them to open, how exactly do I install them (never worked with torrent files before, sorry).
3. Do I need to uninstall all of my original (CD versions) of the Sims games for these to work?

Basically I'm just lost and frustrated at this point... so anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Trouble installing Sims LN/OL torrent Empty Re: Trouble installing Sims LN/OL torrent

Post by Admin Fri 08 Apr 2011, 21:53

Hello,

First of all, don't worry, we'll fix your problem. It is an easy to solve problem (just apply a working crack), but first I need more information.

Please install all the legal version of The Sims 3 INCLUDING Late Night and Outdoor Living Stuff. Now, if it's a retail/legal version of the game, it shouldn't ask for a disc, right? So, why not just insert the game's DVD?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male