Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP! Empty "The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 09:16

Hey everyone. I have this problem with sims 3: I installed the base game and all of the extensions and stuff packs in this order:
The Sims 3 Base Game
The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3 Generations Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats
The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Seasons.
After every instalation I didn't apply the crack. When I finished installing all of the extensions i updated the game with 1.42 patch then i downloaded ultimate fix (Updated on: 14-11-2012) and followed every single instruction and applyed the cracks as indicated. I don't have custom content or mods. I started the game and everithing worked fine for about 20 or 30 minutes then it minimized to desktop and the following pop apeared: the sims 3 has stopped working. I searched for solutions. I tried adding every .exe file to dep exception but when i wanted to add the sims 3 launcher.exe it said that this program must run with dep and i can't turn it off for this program. This message persisted not only for the base game folder but for every expansion and stuff paks folders. So i added all .exe files i could and when i started to play the problem persisted. I must mention that the base game is the only one that isn't downloaded from games4theworld. Everything else including the ultimte fix and instuctions was downloaded from games4theworld. What could be the problem??? I tried uninstalling and installing again, i don't have cc or mod, I added everything i could to dep exception, i followed the instructions BUT WHY IS MY GAME KEEP CRASHING?

HELP!!!! Help

Back to top Go down

"The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP! Empty Re: "The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 09:24

When it crashes there is a button on the lower left hand side of the message box that pops up. It should say "Details" or "View Details". Click on that button and post the information in that message. The reason I request this is because the details of the crash will help us to figure out what kind of crash you're having. Some are due to bugs in Seasons, some are due to other things that can be fixed and without that information we can't say for sure what it is. Building a database of the exception codes with offset ids and some other information will help us to figure out which is the result of what.

Back to top Go down

"The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP! Empty Re: "The sims 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution"... HELP!

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 12:37

I found those "details". This is what it said:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS3W.exe
Application Version: 0.2.0.190
Application Timestamp: 50653464
Fault Module Name: TS3W.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.190
Fault Module Timestamp: 50653464
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 008ee82c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 044f
Additional Information 2: 044f5d804e095772eddecffc100bd7ae
Additional Information 3: dfd2
Additional Information 4: dfd20954c8d3d49ce0be298033d67092

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 14:52

Alright. Windows 7 Ultimate - are you x32 or x64?

Some things you can try:
- Check to see if you have any files starting with scpt and ending with .txt, and files ending with .mdmp in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder. If you do not have any, the issue is probably caused by hardware. (Note: If you do have those files you can use a tool by someone else to "analyze" them - but that tool has been known to give false positives or false negatives. I would also like to see them so I can take a look at them because I have no crash logs lol)

- Bypassing the launcher has been known to give some success.

- If you're trying to build a pool or platform on a lot that already has a pool, try destroying the pool (sledgehammer) saving the neighborhood and exiting to the main menu, then go back into the save.

- If you're trying to use SimPort, check your connection.

- Try playing in Widowed mode.

- Try installing DirectX 9c [Not 10 or 11]

- Try running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 3 and run as admin.

- Try increasing the amount of RAM you have, physical and/or virtual.

- Make sure you meet the minimum requirements for the game [Not Windows 7]

- Clean the dust out of your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 20:42

I am x32.
The .txt files I found : skuversion.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/game/bin ) ; readme.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/support) ; code_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/game/bin); content_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p08); code_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p08); content_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p04); code_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p04); content_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata); content_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p13); code_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p13); content_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p11); code_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p11); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p09); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p09); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p07); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p07); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p05); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p05); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p03); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p03); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p15); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p15); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p12); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p12); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p10); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p10); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p06); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p06); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p02); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p02); content_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p14); code_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/gamedata/shared/deltapackages/p14); thumbnail_version.txt(C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/thumbnails); tcc_version.txt (C/program files/ electronic arts/ the sims 3/caches). These are the only files i could find. I didn't find any scpt or mdmp files. Can you please explain the notion "bypassing the launcher" or tell me how to do that? I'm romanian. That's why i can't figure it out what bypassing means.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 21:26

Apart from all the technical stuff, about that problem I always suggest: Save regulary, every 20-30 minutes. It happens to me too sometimes if I play for a long time and don't save and it may also corrupt you save data. Also, apart form regular saves, try to disable the AntiVirus and all other programs not needed running on the system tray before playing the game. It will reduce greatly the lag and it might fix the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 23:42

Wrong location to look for the dump file, it's in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 -- not Program Files\...

To bypass the launcher go to your base game's installation directory (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) and double click the TS3W.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top