Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found." Empty "Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found."

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 05:24

Hello, I recently helped a friend download University Life from G4TW. I've done it myself and have all EPs working fine on my laptop. She downloaded the base game and 3 EPs from my Origin account, and they worked fine a few weeks ago. She also had her game updated before UL was downloaded. She hasn't tried to play until right now with University Life downloaded and that error message came up during all 3 attempts to run the game. The launcher comes up, but when trying to run the actual game, it won't work. I removed her mods folder and it did nothing, so it isn't CC. She already has the Ultimate Fix downloaded. Is there any way to know what we might be able to do?

Also, a friend from school downloaded an EP from my Origin and states that her game won't open, though the friend I'm currently helping has played all the games from my Origin perfectly fine. She never told me what the error code was. Do you think EA might be tightening up on downloads? Should I get my friend to uninstall the base and EPs from my Origin and try installing all purely from G4TW? 

Help

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found." Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found."

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 22:31

She tried again and still nothing. We're starting to give up luck and she might just have to re-download everything. ): I'm having her download the super patch from EA to see if it does anything. Is this a smart idea?

"Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found." Bump

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found." Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found."

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 00:04

Okay we uninstalled UL and the game works. It had nothing to do with Origin. Any input on what might've gone wrong?

Edit: Also, after we downloaded the patch and she tried to run the game, an error came up saying no disk could be found for UL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top