Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your video card was not found in the Sims 3 database

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your video card was not found in the Sims 3 database Empty Your video card was not found in the Sims 3 database

Post by Guest Sun 10 Aug 2014, 01:53

I am at my wit's end and unable to post on the official Sims 3 forum because it is currently 'read only'. Yeah, great. 

I've been planning on getting a new laptop and finally got it two days ago and installed all my sims 3 games on it + some Games4theworld ones. No store content on it whatsoever. Sims 3 Ambitions Generations (retail), Seasons University Island Paradise Master Suite Pets (games4theworld). The games aren't the problem, though. The first time I installed I got the message 'your video card was not found in the sims 3 database, all settings have been set to high'. 

And since then, my game has been laggy to all hell. I can't even play anymore it's so bad. I've lowered all the graphics settings in game but it hasn't helped. I'm positive it has something to do with my (new!) graphics card but I don't know what and I don't know how to fix it so the Sims recognizes my card and stops it from lagging so much. 

Thanks so much, here's my card info x

=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Name (database): Mobile IvyBridge GT2 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor:          Intel
Chipset:         Vendor: 8086, Device: 0166, Board: 059c1028, Chipset: 0009
Driver:          igdumd32.dll, Version: 9.17.10.2867, GUID: D7B78E66-4226-11CF-AB78-9625B7C2C435
Driver version:  2867
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory:  1664MB
Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    1

Back to top Go down

Your video card was not found in the Sims 3 database Empty Re: Your video card was not found in the Sims 3 database

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 13 Aug 2014, 03:43

nurisea wrote:I am at my wit's end and unable to post on the official Sims 3 forum because it is currently 'read only'. Yeah, great. 

I've been planning on getting a new laptop and finally got it two days ago and installed all my sims 3 games on it + some Games4theworld ones. No store content on it whatsoever. Sims 3 Ambitions Generations (retail), Seasons University Island Paradise Master Suite Pets (games4theworld). The games aren't the problem, though. The first time I installed I got the message 'your video card was not found in the sims 3 database, all settings have been set to high'. 

And since then, my game has been laggy to all hell. I can't even play anymore it's so bad. I've lowered all the graphics settings in game but it hasn't helped. I'm positive it has something to do with my (new!) graphics card but I don't know what and I don't know how to fix it so the Sims recognizes my card and stops it from lagging so much. 

Thanks so much, here's my card info x

=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Name (database): Mobile IvyBridge GT2 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor:          Intel
Chipset:         Vendor: 8086, Device: 0166, Board: 059c1028, Chipset: 0009
Driver:          igdumd32.dll, Version: 9.17.10.2867, GUID: D7B78E66-4226-11CF-AB78-9625B7C2C435
Driver version:  2867
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory:  1664MB
Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    1

Hello,

For now, can you please, when you're on the desktop in Windows, press the Windows key + R ? Inside the search mask, type dxdiag and press enter. Then, in the next window that comes up, look under DISPLAY. There, please look up under "Name/Chip Type" and "Manufacturer". Just post the information on here. Your video card was not found in the Sims 3 database Icon_smile  

I need that information to find the latest graphics driver for you. Also, can you give us some information about your computer, like whether it's a desktop or a laptop ?

Also, how old is the computer - and is it strong enough for playing games ? The problem is that your graphics card is very underpowered for a game like The Sims 3, but let's see; there might be ways to at least reduce the disadvantages...

Keep me posted !  Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top