Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Video Card Recognition.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Video Card Recognition. Empty Sims 3 Video Card Recognition.

Post by Guest Fri 10 Mar 2017, 21:45

Hello everyone, 

I have an issue with my video card recognition for the Sims 3. So, i followed the steps by Simswiki. After doin everything, i opened my game, went to options and clicked on "Restore Defaults", but then the settings are set to low. This is what my DeviceConfig looks like after following all the steps by Simswiki:
Sims 3 Video Card Recognition. 4d035a11

As u can see, "Found" and "Matched" are now both "1", so it seems like it works, but my options ingame are still set to low whenever i click on "Restore Defaults".

This is my GraphicsCards:

Sims 3 Video Card Recognition. 4c386210

And my GraphicsRules:
Sims 3 Video Card Recognition. E6808a10

I also tried the advice on Simswiki which says: "If the edits still don't change the defaults when you click on Restore defaults, tweak the Option sliders yourself and Quit. Then next time you load the game, check if the previous settings were overwritten and goes back to being low or has your tweaks been retained?". Tried it, doesn't work.

Also, there is no performance improvement at all. What did I do wrong? Please help me.

Thank you,

Sharkie

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Video Card Recognition. Empty Re: Sims 3 Video Card Recognition.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Mar 2017, 03:25

Sharkie wrote:Hello everyone, 

I have an issue with my video card recognition for the Sims 3. So, i followed the steps by Simswiki. After doin everything, i opened my game, went to options and clicked on "Restore Defaults", but then the settings are set to low. This is what my DeviceConfig looks like after following all the steps by Simswiki:

(...)

This is my GraphicsCards:

And my GraphicsRules:
Sims 3 Video Card Recognition. E6808a10

Hello @Sharkie,

In the screenshot I quoted, what if you put  or match ("${cardname}", "*GTX 1060*") ? Also, look at the bottom half of the picture. 

Starting with the seti cardLevel $cardLevelUber, you'll notice another paragraph where those graphics cards are listed (again), you should then put the entry of your graphics card under there as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Mar 2017, 21:55

Hello, @The_gh0stm4n and thank you for your reply. I did what you told me, but whenever i click on Restore Defaults, it still goes to low. Forgot to mention that my video card is GTX 1060 6GB, I don't know if that matters though. Anything else I could do?

One more thing, on the screenshot of my GraphicsCards it shows "GTX 1060 6GB", but now it looks like this "GTX 1060" (removed the 6GB part)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Mar 2017, 02:59

What if you DON'T click on "restore deafults" in-game, and set the graphics sliders/options manually? Do your changes get saved when you apply them (you may have to re-start the game for the changes to take effect)? 

And your computer is probably not one with "dual graphics", I suppose? You might also want to check out this here, although it's not directly related to the topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Mar 2017, 19:09

My settings get saved when I apply them manually. But there is no performance improvement AT ALL. Game is very laggy. And no, no dual graphics, just GTX 1060 (6GB). 

Also thank you for the link, but I already did this, so my max FPS is 60.

Any other advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Mar 2017, 08:18

Did you also use the "4GB patch" (google for it)? Double-click on it after download and apply it to the TS3W.exe under your C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

See if that has any influence on your game performance.

In general, I think I hinted at it already above, the game is very poorly optimized, so having a high(er)-end computer does not necessarily equal good game performance, in TS3.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 22:20

Hello, tried the 4GB patch, yet there still is no improvement. Oh well, I guess there is nothing to do about it then. Anyway, thank you for helping me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top