Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

non-existant furniture

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

non-existant furniture Empty non-existant furniture

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014, 17:47

hey guys!
i did this fix thing (or rather "how to proper install...") but i must confess that i didn't searched this forum for answer - instead of that i searched on google. it seems that nobody had this problem before.

so i've installed original expansion packs (not cracked or sth) to pets and cracked expansion packs from showtime to island paradise.

i have patched this (1.67.2.024002)

and it seems that i just can't buy some things from every expansion pack. it looks quite strange, because i can buy almost everything, but suddenly (for example) 3 rows of furniture doesn't cooperate. i can click on a fine piece of table that i want to place somewhere, but it doesn't even 'click' - it looks like it is in a list of furniture, but in some way not available for me. its icon is not red nor darkened - it appears to be normal table, but when i click on it - seems like it doesn't exist.
i mean there should pop up its description, which doesn't happen.

i have no clue what is happening.
maybe some of you would know what to do?
thanks in advance
ps i hope that you can understand what im talking about, english is not my native language - sorry for weird mistakes

Back to top Go down

non-existant furniture Empty Re: non-existant furniture

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:40

Hello,
Don't worry about your language, a lot of us are not english natives!
Can you please tell us if those objects are from the cracked expansions or the others?
Just to check, you are talking about normal objects, right? No in-game store purchases?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 19:14

not working objects are in every expansion. not only in the cracked ones.
yes, i mean  regular objects from game and expansions, no downloaded stuff and no mods.

some time ago everything worked just fine. it happened after reinstalling.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Aug 2014, 19:42

xkatzenjammer wrote:not working objects are in every expansion. not only in the cracked ones.
yes, i mean  regular objects from game and expansions, no downloaded stuff and no mods.

some time ago everything worked just fine. it happened after reinstalling.

Hello,

Try this: in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 23:27

well, i did this before. not exactly this, but i've renamed "The Sims 3" to "The Sims 3 backpack" and then created new "The Sims 3" folder to see if anything has changed.
nope. still the same. it doesn't worked.
i also thought that that might be some kind of protection against people without original stuff (stupid, but im somewhat desperate. not that i MUST PLAY OH GOD, but i feel like I MUST fix this, like my ego will be damaged if i cant do this) so i tried to play without internet. (i was trying to fix "unofficial mods error" for like 3 hours straight. don't judge me Very Happy)
i also thought that maybe i did something wrong with patching/fixing/installing (earlier, with "unofficial game modification error" i literally couldn't play, because  the cities wouldn't even load. your fix fixed this.) so i did it again (fix) and objects are still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 23 Aug 2014, 04:46

Please accept my apologies if my ideas sound dumb, but are you decorating using the buy mode in a house inhabitated by a Sim or using Edit Town?

Do you have enough cash to buy the stuff that you can't click?

Either way, if you didn't, can you open a lot using Edit Town mode and see if this issue persists?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Aug 2014, 08:08

xkatzenjammer wrote:well, i did this before. not exactly this, but i've renamed "The Sims 3" to "The Sims 3 backpack" and then created new "The Sims 3" folder to see if anything has changed.
nope. still the same. it doesn't worked.
i also thought that that might be some kind of protection against people without original stuff (stupid, but im somewhat desperate. not that i MUST PLAY OH GOD, but i feel like I MUST fix this, like my ego will be damaged if i cant do this) so i tried to play without internet. (i was trying to fix "unofficial mods error" for like 3 hours straight. don't judge me Very Happy)
i also thought that maybe i did something wrong with patching/fixing/installing (earlier, with "unofficial game modification error" i literally couldn't play, because  the cities wouldn't even load. your fix fixed this.) so i did it again (fix) and objects are still not working.

OK, the best thing I can suggest is that you - this time - try a proper (!) un-installation of all your stuff. I'd recommend you use the program "Your Un-installer Pro", available from Games4TheWorld here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install the program and run it. In the main window that shows up, double-click on each game, and then choose "Super Mode", each time too. After you un-installed everything that way, re-boot the computer.

Then continue with re-installing the games. I've seen similar problems in the past, and the people managed to fix them by properly un-installing and re-installing. Good luck !

SvenT wrote:Please accept my apologies if my ideas sound dumb, but are you decorating using the buy mode in a house inhabitated by a Sim or using Edit Town?

Do you have enough cash to buy the stuff that you can't click?

Either way, if you didn't, can you open a lot using Edit Town mode and see if this issue persists?

The buy-modes in live mode and edit-town are "technically" the same; also, the OP mentioned I think that the items are not in "red"; if you didn't have the money, items you can't buy would be marked in red then. Wink  

But yes, there may be a few glitches that can be resolved with switching to edit town or vice versa...it would sound very strange though, if one of these "buy-modes" worked, and the other didn't - that would be a premiere, in a way.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 24 Aug 2014, 23:05

Thank you very much for your assistance, Carlos!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Aug 2014, 23:17

SvenT wrote:Thank you very much for your assistance, Carlos!!!

No problem, but this is indeed an interesting topic. In fact, that's a very rare "glitch"...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 02:26

Unfortunately, after doing all of this still doesn't work  :c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 02:53

Do you have any Mods or CC installed in your game?

And could you maybe post a screenshot of what objects you are trying to buy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 03:27

Ok maybe my question also sound's dumb but i can't think of anything else, even tho i have face same problem before. My question is , have you maybe download any CC from TSR? After the showtime came out the objects from TSR was out of date so even tho you could see them in your game shop you couldn't actually click them, so I had to re-download them from the TSR (after they had update them). So if you have download any CC from TSR or other sims CC will be nice to know.

Also if you are using only EA made CC have you apply any Store fix? It could had been out of date then one you added.

But as Seoy mention it will be good to post a screen shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 13:57

aww. nNo, i don't. random objects doesn't works from all expansion. i don't have any mods, cc from tsr etc. i can't post screenshot, becouse all this things doesn't work randomly... as i wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 14:16

You could try to remove (place it on desktop) your sims folder from your documents and restart your game. That way your game will create a new one and you could see if you can access your furniture.
After that you can slowly slowy put back your cc you have download and see what cc creates the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 30 Aug 2014, 00:59

SeoY wrote:Do you have any Mods or CC installed in your game?

And could you maybe post a screenshot of what objects you are trying to buy?

AyraMizrim wrote:Ok maybe my question also sound's dumb but i can't think of anything else, even tho i have face same problem before. My question is , have you maybe download any CC from TSR? After the showtime came out the objects from TSR was out of date so even tho you could see them in your game shop you couldn't actually click them, so I had to re-download them from the TSR (after they had update them). So if you have download any CC from TSR or other sims CC will be nice to know.

Also if you are using only EA made CC have you apply any Store fix? It could had been out of date then one you added.

But as Seoy mention it will be good to post a screen shot.

xkatzenjammer wrote:aww. nNo, i don't. random objects doesn't works from all expansion. i don't have any mods, cc from tsr etc. i can't post screenshot, becouse all this things doesn't work randomly... as i wrote.

AyraMizrim wrote:You could try to remove (place it on desktop) your sims folder from your documents and restart your game. That way your game will create a new one and you could see if you can access your furniture.
After that you can slowly slowy put back your cc you have download and see what cc creates the problem.

Hello! I think you should follow this last advice to see what happens. Please rename your sims folder on your documents folder, restart your computer and restart the game. Please let us know what happens after that (please do NOT install any Custom Content or Store Content before testing and telling us what happened)...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 01:55

Hello! I think you should follow this last advice to see what happens. Please rename your sims folder on your documents folder, restart your computer and restart the game. Please let us know what happens after that (please do NOT install any Custom Content or Store Content before testing and telling us what happened)...

Thanks SvenT >.< i had totally forgot by simply rename the folder can do the trick... After a long day brain isn't working as it should be  Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 30 Aug 2014, 02:39

AyraMizrim wrote:

Hello! I think you should follow this last advice to see what happens. Please rename your sims folder on your documents folder, restart your computer and restart the game. Please let us know what happens after that (please do NOT install any Custom Content or Store Content before testing and telling us what happened)...

Thanks SvenT >.< i had totally forgot by simply rename the folder can do the trick... After a long day brain isn't working as it should be  Facepalm

Glad to hear that the problem is resolved. Do you have any more questions?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 02:43

J.T. wrote:
AyraMizrim wrote:

Erm it wasn't me who had the 'problem' Smile i had just give an advice and SvenT explaint an other way . I hope tho it will resolve his problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 30 Aug 2014, 02:49

AyraMizrim wrote:
J.T. wrote:
AyraMizrim wrote:

Erm it wasn't me who had the 'problem' Smile i had just give an advice and SvenT explaint an other way . I hope tho it will resolve his problem.
Oh silly me  Facepalm. I haven't slept much today.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 02:51

Hahahahahah me neither xD It's already 3 am lol!  .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 30 Aug 2014, 03:56

It's ok, kids! Let's just wait for xkatzenjammer to tell us if their problem is solved through our advice...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 06:36

Unfortunately I did it and this isn't working too.

ps XDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 13:58

Try this: in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff: -CASPartCache.package -compositorCache.package -scriptCache.package -simCompositorCache.package -socialCache.package -plus the contents of the folders \"WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails" wrote:
Try this: in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Can you please do the step that Carlos suggested? So we can see if that will work? 
Also you can always try to re-apply the ultimate fix in case you have miss a folder or something 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Also when you hover you mouse on the furniture you want to buy does it say anything? like object not available?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 30 Aug 2014, 14:13

xkatzenjammer wrote:Unfortunately I did it and this isn't working too.

ps XDD

Okay since this thread is starting to get a bit messy. Can I ask you a few questions to clear something up?

-Did you do what  
Carlos suggested (Clearing caches)?

-Did you delete the entire folder C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 so as to attempt to solve this?
-What else have you done? Elaborate.

I asked these questions simply because your answers weren't quite clear. "I did it and it wasn't working" is a response, but I'd love to hear what steps you have taken to achieve the result, so that we can help you better.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 31 Aug 2014, 01:32

J.T. wrote:
xkatzenjammer wrote:Unfortunately I did it and this isn't working too.

ps XDD

Okay since this thread is starting to get a bit messy. Can I ask you a few questions to clear something up?

-Did you do what  
Carlos suggested (Clearing caches)?

-Did you delete the entire folder C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 so as to attempt to solve this?
-What else have you done? Elaborate.

I asked these questions simply because your answers weren't quite clear. "I did it and it wasn't working" is a response, but I'd love to hear what steps you have taken to achieve the result, so that we can help you better.
NOT DELETE The Sims 3 Folder, but RENAME IT!!!

I agree with the rest, JT!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male