Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise Empty Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise

Post by Guest Sat 23 Aug 2014, 02:57

I've discovered lately a new uncomfortable phenomenon in the Sims 3 island paradise besides the shuttering induced by rooting problems witch is slow motion periods, this problem is different from the rooting shuttering because it occurs even if you pause the game and stop the rooting calculation and these two problem combined may make the game completely unplayable because its highly recurrent. This problem is also hard to track because it is strangely specific, here is how it happens for me:

When you own a houseboat (among other properties) and you set that houseboat as your actual home/move to it, whenever you scroll (radially or linearly) and your cursor hits a wall (yes! any wall of the houseboat!) its slow down dramatically, not the ground, nor other objects but walls, when you move to another property other than a houseboat (a classical home on the ground) suddenly the problem disappears even in the houseboats you own, the very fact of having a houseboat as current home (or household sorry i got french version) triggers the bug, also you may notice that in buy mode this problem disappears, so i suggest that you keep a classical home as actual home instead of a houseboat to avoid the problem. if you got this problem try this solution and tell me if it's positive or what difference you notice. I didn't find much technical solutions for this problem but I hope this suggestion helps develop one or help avoiding it.

Back to top Go down

Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise Empty Re: Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Aug 2014, 08:25

shadyx49 wrote:I've discovered lately a new uncomfortable phenomenon in the Sims 3 island paradise besides the shuttering induced by rooting problems witch is slow motion periods, this problem is different from the rooting shuttering because it occurs even if you pause the game and stop the rooting calculation and these two problem combined may make the game completely unplayable because its highly recurrent. This problem is also hard to track because it is strangely specific, here is how it happens for me:

When you own a houseboat (among other properties) and you set that houseboat as your actual home/move to it, whenever you scroll (radially or linearly) and your cursor hits a wall (yes! any wall of the houseboat!) its slow down dramatically, not the ground, nor other objects but walls, when you move to another property other than a houseboat (a classical home on the ground) suddenly the problem disappears even in the houseboats you own, the very fact of having a houseboat as current home (or household sorry i got french version) triggers the bug, also you may notice that in buy mode this problem disappears, so i suggest that you keep a classical home as actual home instead of a houseboat to avoid the problem. if you got this problem try this solution and tell me if it's positive or what difference you notice. I didn't find much technical solutions for this problem but I hope this suggestion helps develop one or help avoiding it.

Hello,

That sounds interesting, and it's worth testing it - I never really noticed that one yet, since I haven't played on houseboats, yet. 

Usually, any kind of stutter/lag is due to inferior computer performance; either because of inferior hardware, not enough RAM memory (use GameBooster to mitigate that !), or too many custom content/mods used.

But yes, thanks for pointing this out ! Smile  

//EDIT

Maybe we'll move that topic to the "Tips & tricks" section on here, but of course, some in-game testing should be necessary, before that....
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise Empty Re: Better understand and avoid slow motion periods in Sims 3 island paradise

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 08:26

Carlos wrote:
shadyx49 wrote:I've discovered lately a new uncomfortable phenomenon in the Sims 3 island paradise besides the shuttering induced by rooting problems witch is slow motion periods, this problem is different from the rooting shuttering because it occurs even if you pause the game and stop the rooting calculation and these two problem combined may make the game completely unplayable because its highly recurrent. This problem is also hard to track because it is strangely specific, here is how it happens for me:

Hello,

That sounds interesting, and it's worth testing it - I never really noticed that one yet, since I haven't played on houseboats, yet. 

Usually, any kind of stutter/lag is due to inferior computer performance; either because of inferior hardware, not enough RAM memory (use GameBooster to mitigate that !), or too many custom content/mods used.

But yes, thanks for pointing this out ! Smile  

//EDIT

Maybe we'll move that topic to the "Tips & tricks" section on here, but of course, some in-game testing should be necessary, before that....

Do what you judge necessary and sorry for any inconvenience. I'm pretty confident about my hardware in fact now it runs smoothly in a normal house but I'm not sure if this bug occurs to others,I saw people around the internet having the same problem as me so I wanted to notify about it here, I'm not sure if you would succeed in reproducing the bug for testing but you have to keep in mind that I have all the sims 3 EPs and SPs + latest store fix and most of store update (yes I got pretty heavy stuff :p ).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Aug 2014, 17:32

shadyx49 wrote:
Do what you judge necessary and sorry for any inconvenience. I'm pretty confident about my hardware in fact now it runs smoothly in a normal house but I'm not sure if this bug occurs to others,I saw people around the internet having the same problem as me so I wanted to notify about it here, I'm not sure if you would succeed in reproducing the bug for testing but you have to keep in mind that I have all the sims 3 EPs and SPs + latest store fix and most of store update (yes I got pretty heavy stuff :p ).

OK, I wasn't able to reproduce that glitch. Maybe this just happens with some houseboats, but not with all ?

Also, yes, mods can also have an influence on your game performance, so you might try to take out a few to see if that chnages anything. My current (old) desktop computer, with an Intel i3 CPU (2.93 GHz), 4 GB of RAM and the old NVIDIA GeForce GT330 doesn't even lag that much in Isla Paradiso in general. And I'm playing at high settings, with all EPs/SPs, and all store content items too...

Maybe someone else has a second opinion though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top