Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2014, 04:09

First topic message reminder :

I have the Sims 3 base game. (And whatever else came with the starter pack I bought at Walmart; Late Night and High End Lofts, I think..) Anyway, I can't afford to buy the expansion packs so I want to download them. Sadly, when reading the guide, I cannot understand it.

I downloaded the Pets, Generations and Seasons torrents. But I don't know how to install them. I tried to extract files but it said none were found.

Do I need to uninstall my game and install the one you provided? 

Sorry, I just need this kind of dumbed down a bit for I am seriously confused..

Back to top Go down

New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 00:24

It's still giving me the error code.
I've followed your instructions, the guide's instructions. Nothing's working.

Back to top Go down

New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 00:37

Hey ChyBunny.
All the information everyone is giving you is correct, its just that you have to do the following:
For the Origin Games:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

Any Origin game that you have installed will be in this folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 00:39

Thank you stabitha, but I've been doing that. I've applied everything into the Sims 3 base folder which is in my origin folder. The expansions are in the EA folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Aug 2014, 00:41

Hello,

Please join the Forum's Chatbox. I'll help you solve the issue via TeamViewer.
The Chatbox is located at the top of the homepage.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Aug 2014, 01:34

//UPDATE

Problem solved via TeamViewer.
There were some problems with the Registry, showing the game names in another language, even though the actual folder names were in English, causing that error. I changed the names in the Registry to their English equivalent and the problem was solved. Smile

New here, need a dumbed down explanation. [SOLVED] - Page 2 78654310

I'll close this topic now. Please let us know if you need help again! The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 01:48

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help! I was struggling with this all day and was close to giving up!
You guys are amazing and are great people! I'll definitely recommend friends to look here :3
Thank you once again <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top