Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED] Empty TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:09

Hello! I just recently downloaded World Adventures from the amazing people on this site. If anybody would please be so inclined to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently on the 'Crack 3' folder trying to apply the "Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002" patch. 

When I double click, it takes me to the Sims 3 site telling me what the patch does. When it begins to download a pop up comes up saying 'Invalid File Error' followed by a page saying 'The wizard was interrupted before The Sims 3 could be completely patched.'

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Jooshua on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem Solved!!)

Back to top Go down

TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:12

Hi there,

Please read this to fix your problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
And note that you may skip ALL "# Crack" folders, including those updates.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED] Empty Re: TS3:WA - Crack 3 Folder w/ Patches - Invalid File Error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:14

Hello there! Smile

You shouldn't use the #Crack folders inside each game installation folders. The instructions to correctly install The Sims 3 and all of its expansions are in the following link:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please take a look at them and follow them carefully, don't skip any steps!

If you have any questions don't doubt to ask about them here! Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:19

Thank you so much for your quick replies! I always install 'The Sims 3' using your directions. 

But at first I was having the "Regional Code" problem so I searched past threads and the answer was to follow instruction #2 in the installation guide that came with the game.

So I got confused and assumed the World Adventures download must be different.

I knew I should have just followed the usual instructions!

Thank you again for the SPEEDY replies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:28

Jooshua wrote:Thank you so much for your quick replies! I always install 'The Sims 3' using your directions. 

But at first I was having the "Regional Code" problem so I searched past threads and the answer was to follow instruction #2 in the installation guide that came with the game.

So I got confused and assumed the World Adventures download must be different.

I knew I should have just followed the usual instructions!

Thank you again for the SPEEDY replies!
Hi there,

You're very welcome!
Indeed, the WA torrent is one of the few expansion packs (if not the only) that requires the SKU value to be changed, in order to avoid the "Invalid Region" error.
Anyway, the SKU instructions should be followed, because it has nothing to do with the actual game itself.

We'll leave this topic open for you, please let us know the final result, and if you need any assistance during the process. Good luck! The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:33

Everything is working GREAT!! Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Sep 2014, 03:46

Hi,

That's great news!
I'll close this topic then.

Enjoy playing the game and do not hesitate to contact us again, should you need more help! The Sims 3 plumbob
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top