Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invalid File Error - fixed (:[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Invalid File Error - fixed (:[SOLVED] Empty Invalid File Error - fixed (:[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2011, 02:12

So, I replaced all the files in the installation folders with the clean files from the Ultimate Fix.
But despite replacing all of them (and the Generations/TLS/Pets one in the basegame folder) I STILL get a "Invalid File Error" when trying to patch from 1.24 ):
Is there something I'm doing wrong or is the game just hating on me?

Thank you in advance Very Happy

ETA:
I looked up the rtpatch.log and the file which is causing this error is TS3.exe, even though I definitely replaced it with the Ultimate Fix version.
???

ETA2:
Managed to fix it myself!
Here's what I did for anyone else having the same problem:
The issue (as far as I can tell) is that replacing the files causes it not to be seen as version 1.24 anymore. So what I did was get the 1.24 patch and install it (there are several places you can get old patches, simswiki.info is one) and THEN install the 1.26 patch. It didn't give me the error so it seems to have worked.

Back to top Go down

Invalid File Error - fixed (:[SOLVED] Empty Re: Invalid File Error - fixed (:[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Nov 2011, 08:41

Hello,
Great to hear you got your game to work and thanks for sharing your info with us. We also recommend patching manually to people who get the invalid file error.
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1 Topic closed. Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)