Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 exe file missing [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 exe file missing [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 exe file missing [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 08:46

After installing sims 4, I tried launching the game, but nothing happened so I looked at the game shortcut and traced the folder where the exe file should be, but it seems to be missing. I downloaded the fix, but I still can't find the sims 4 exe file on it. Does anyone know what to do?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 exe file missing [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 exe file missing [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 15:20

//MOVED

Hi there! Smile

What is happening is that your antivirus is deleting TS4.exe. This is why you need to add the install location to the Exceptions list of your antivirus, as instructed in the Guide. Also add the location where you are downloading the Ultimate Fix to this list, to prevent it from being deleted from there too. After that, re-extract and re-apply the Ultimate Fix. 

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 15:50

Ohhh. I didn't realize that my antivirus had a realtime protection feature. Thank you very much SeoY Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2014, 16:10

ArisVAng wrote:Ohhh. I didn't realize that my antivirus had a realtime protection feature.  Thank you very much SeoY Smile

You're very welcome! Very Happy

So, is the game working properly now? Or is there anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 18:03

Yes, the problem is solved. I experimented with adding only the parent directory to the exclusion list in my antivirus instead of the 4 separate directories and it works fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 19:17

ArisVAng wrote:Yes, the problem is solved. I experimented with adding only the parent directory to the exclusion list in my antivirus instead of the 4 separate directories and it works fine Smile

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, feel free to open a new one. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top