Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED] Empty (The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 00:46

Ok, so I downloaded Daemon from the how to mount pdf, but the little toolbar isn't showing up! I attempted doing the mount from the shortcut created on the home screen, but the file I needed to mount won't show up. When I manually attached Daemon to the toolbar the options were different. I restarted my computer twice, and it still isn't there. Please help!

Back to top Go down

(The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: (The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Sep 2014, 00:52

allyothedomo wrote:Ok, so I downloaded Daemon from the how to mount pdf, but the little toolbar isn't showing up! I attempted doing the mount from the shortcut created on the home screen, but the file I needed to mount won't show up. When I manually attached Daemon to the toolbar the options were different. I restarted my computer twice, and it still isn't there. Please help!

//MOVED

Hello allyothedomo and welcome to the forum,

There isn't that much behind "mounting" a disc image, actually. If you're using Daemon tools, just double-click on the .ISO files and they will mount automatically. After that, a small window should show up, prompting you what you want to do.

There you need to select "start autorun.exe". Good luck, and let me know if it worked for you !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

(The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: (The Sims 3) Basegame Mount issues, Please Help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:26

Gah, I'm so stupid! Thanks a bunch, it worked! Also, what does the //MOVED mean? Did I post in the wrong place?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:32

allyothedomo wrote:Gah, I'm so stupid! Thanks a bunch, it worked! Also, what does the //MOVED mean? Did I post in the wrong place?

Yes, I moved your topic to the right section. Smile  So did you manage to install that base game now ? And do you have any other questions that I can help you with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:42

Yep! It finished installing without any issues. Thanks so much!  Very Happy

Last edited by allyothedomo on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:52; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:46

allyothedomo wrote:Yep! It finished installing without any issues. Thanks so much!  Very Happy

You're welcome ! Very Happy

Please take note of this guide here, if you haven't done so yet:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

The guide is about updating the games and adding further expansions. The crack that is included in the base game is long outdated. This means that you should now update your game with the latest manual patch (step #2 in that guide). 

After that, you should download and install at least one of the expansions mentioned in step #1.

When you're done with installing all expansions you want, repeat step #2, and then continue with steps #3 and #4. 

I'll leave the topic open for now, in case you have another question. Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:52

Ok, I feel like this is a really noob-ish question but, where can I find: 'Game Directory > Game > Bin' ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 01:57

allyothedomo wrote:Ok, I feel like this is a really noob-ish question but, where can I find: 'Game Directory > Game > Bin' ?

Hi there, and welcome again to the G4TW Forum! Smile

You can find the game directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 02:02

I found it(Thanks!) and replaced the file, then tried to open the Sims 3 Launcher and it keeps saying the Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 02:08

allyothedomo wrote:I found it(Thanks!) and replaced the file, then tried to open the Sims 3 Launcher and it keeps saying the Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working.

I'm sorry, but what file are you talking about? Were you applying the Ultimate Fix?

If so, did you make sure to install at least one of the expansions necessary for the game to work properly? Take a look at them at Step 1:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
You should also make sure that your game is updated to 1.67 or you would have to apply the Manual Patch mentioned at the Step 2.

Please be explicit about what you are doing, so it will be easier to help you. Wink

Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 02:17

Oh, I have to update before it can open? I'm just trying to install the Sims 3 at the moment. I'll install EPs and such now, then. 

Last question! (Hopefully) After I install EPs, and open the Fix Adobe Guide, It says to replace the files. Wouldn't that delete the EP files from the Bin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 02:24

allyothedomo wrote:Oh, I have to update before it can open? I'm just trying to install the Sims 3 at the moment. I'll install EPs and such now, then. 

Last question! (Hopefully) After I install EPs, and open the Fix Adobe Guide, It says to replace the files. Wouldn't that delete the EP files from the Bin?

Well, before the game can open, you need to install at least one of the expansions that are in the list at the Step 1. One will suffice Wink

After this, you should make sure that the base game version is 1.67. If not, then please download and apply the Manual Patch from the Step 2.

The only thing you need to do with the Ultimate Fix is to open the #Crack folder inside it and copy both the .exe and the .dll to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, selecting "Copy and Replace" when you get the option. And no, don't worry, nothing is getting deleted. Smile

If you have any other issues, don't doubt to come back! Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 02:49

Thank for all your help, SeoY, Carlos! I installed Pets and have the Patch downloading now. Never could have done it without you guys! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 03:05

allyothedomo wrote:Thank for all your help, SeoY, Carlos! I installed Pets and have the Patch downloading now. Never could have done it without you guys! Very Happy

No problem! Should you have any other issues, we'll be here to help you. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 20:04

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top