Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install expansions D:

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install expansions D: Empty Can't install expansions D:

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:39

Hi!
A few months ago i downloaded the sims 3 from this site i found using google. It was one torrent with all the expansions (separately), it was easy to install and worked fine, then the bugs started. I couldn't adopt a pet, neither create vegesims. Then i found this forum and was excited! But i can't understand the instructions. D:

I installed the base game, but then i got confused at World Adventures. To be precise, this part:

"3. Open the '# Crack' file in this .rar file and open 'Crack 1'. Run the 'sims3patch.exe' and
follow on screen instructions. Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to:
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch! (If you have
Installed The Sims 3 in an other language, it'll be something else. Like when you Installed
The Game in Dutch, it'll be: 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\De Sims 3', so be sure you
check what you have, otherwise it won't work!

4. Open the 'Crack 2' folder in the '# Crack' file. Copy áll the files in that folder
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.

5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.

6. Do the same with the other .exe Patches in the 'Crack 3' folder, from up to down.
7. When you applied all the Updates, open The Sims 3 Launcher. You'll be prompted to Download
the EA Download Manager if you haven't already Installed it. So, if you don't have it, Install
it. When you've Installed the EA Download Manager, click on 'Refresh' on the Game Updates -tab.
A pop-up will appear, telling you that there's an Update for you Game. Click 'OK' to Download
and Install the Update."

I'm trying to use the instructions of the game and the *MUST READ* topic, but my head is spinning right now D:

Thank you for this forum, and sorry if there is already an explanation to this, i couldn't find it D:

Back to top Go down

Can't install expansions D: Empty Re: Can't install expansions D:

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:50

Hello there, and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Regarding your question, you don't need to use the guides that are found inside the torrents. Please use just this guide:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

To install the expansion packs, double click the Autorun inside the folder where you extracted the torrents, and when it asks for the code look for it inside the Installation Guide. After that, you don't need to do anything else. Just continue to the next expansion pack or to the Step 2 of the *MUST READ* Guide. If you follow it carefully, you shouldn't have any problems. Wink

But, if you have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back! Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:03

Do i have to update right away or wait until the manual patches and ultimate fix? Because there's an error message when i try to update the game D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:08

Weisse.Fee wrote:Do i have to update right away or wait until the manual patches and ultimate fix? Because there's an error message when i try to update the game D:

The Manual Patch is the update to the latest version of the game, so after you use it you don't need to update the game again with the launcher. Wink

What I suggest is that you download and install all of the expansion/stuff packs you want, and be sure to install at least one of the expansions that are mentioned in the Step 1 of the guide. After that, you download the Manual Patch and run it to update the game. Finally, you download the Ultimate Fix and copy the files inside the #Crack folder from the fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. This should be it.

If you have any other questions or issues, you can post again here. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:17

Ok, thank you very much! if i have any other problems i'll ask for help! Thank you! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:21

Weisse.Fee wrote:Ok, thank you very much! if i have any other problems i'll ask for help! Thank you! <3

No problem! This topic will stay open for you to post any other questions or problems, may you encounter them. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:14

Hello everybody, Smile 

I don't know if it's ok for me to post the problems I'm having with EP here as well, but I'll give it a try!

I dowloaded the base game + all EPs from games4the world and followed "The Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide" by Dieneryn step by step; I managed to install the base game and the Into The Future EP all right, but I cannot seem to install any of the others!
I'm following the same process as for the Into The Future EP, but when I finally click on the EP installer and give authorization for it to open, the icon just bounces once and then nothing happens Sad

I don't understand since the method is the same I've used for the one EP I managed to install, and I've checked my steps carefully several times to see if I forgot something.

Can you guys please help? 

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:36

Sh3lly1204 wrote:Hello everybody, Smile 

I don't know if it's ok for me to post the problems I'm having with EP here as well, but I'll give it a try!

I dowloaded the base game + all EPs from games4the world and followed "The Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide" by Dieneryn step by step; I managed to install the base game and the Into The Future EP all right, but I cannot seem to install any of the others!
I'm following the same process as for the Into The Future EP, but when I finally click on the EP installer and give authorization for it to open, the icon just bounces once and then nothing happens Sad

I don't understand since the method is the same I've used for the one EP I managed to install, and I've checked my steps carefully several times to see if I forgot something.

Can you guys please help? 

Thanks in advance!

Hello Sh3lly1204,

To avoid confusion and for faster response, Please make your own topic. 

I think you're using Mac, so please create a new topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f32-mac-support

Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:37

Thanks so much, I'll do that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 19:37

Please tell us how it went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 20:13

I succeded with the installation process, but i still have problems with the plantsims and adoption of pets... D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:24

Weisse.Fee wrote:I succeded with the installation process, but i still have problems with the plantsims and adoption of pets... D:

Hi again! Smile

Could you specify the kind of problems you are having?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:00

yes, thank you! I can create the seed, i plant it, the game says a plantsim is born, but it just never appears. Neither the plantsim nor the image (there's just an empty square on that list of the sims on the house). The same happens with the adopted dog. The guy of the shelter shows up and stays there, in front of my house, forever. And the same empty square. DDD:

I guess those are the only problems. There's also, on another neighborhood, a huge amout of old people and people getting old, i can't even find a wife for my sim. But i don't know if that's a problem, never happened before D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:26

Weisse.Fee wrote:yes, thank you! I can create the seed, i plant it, the game says a plantsim is born, but it just never appears. Neither the plantsim nor the image (there's just an empty square on that list of the sims on the house). The same happens with the adopted dog. The guy of the shelter shows up and stays there, in front of my house, forever. And the same empty square. DDD:

I guess those are the only problems. There's also, on another neighborhood, a huge amout of old people and people getting old, i can't even find a wife for my sim. But i don't know if that's a problem, never happened before D:

Do you have any mods installed? Problems like those can be caused by outdated and/or conflicting mods. Please try removing your Mods from the game and see if it helps.

Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 23:05

I don't. I just have the base game, all the EP and the Master suite stuff pack. I searched for problems like mine, but they all had mods. D:

thank you for helping me, btw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:37

Weisse.Fee wrote:I don't. I just have the base game, all the EP and the Master suite stuff pack. I searched for problems like mine, but they all had mods. D:

thank you for helping me, btw

Another option that occurs to me is to delete the cache files inside the The Sims 3 folder in Documents. Take a look at this link and delete the files specified in there:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Please, let us know if this helped. In-game glitches like that are pretty rare, but really annoying. Another thing you could try is to run the game with a new The Sims 3 folder, backing-up the old one and deleting it. But it may not be worth the hassle. You could try if you want, though.

Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 08:47

thank you, i'll try the cache files thing!
i don't know if that's important, but i made a shortcut for the sims3Launcher file of the game/bin folder to run the game (because i forgot to install a shortcut when installing the last expansion). it opens the launcher an pops up a "can't conect to Origin" message (don't know what that means *noob*), then i click the play button and a windows message ask me if i'm sure i want to run the file. then everything is normal again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 12:47

Weisse.Fee wrote:thank you, i'll try the cache files thing!
i don't know if that's important, but i made a shortcut for the sims3Launcher file of the game/bin folder to run the game (because i forgot to install a shortcut when installing the last expansion). it opens the launcher an pops up a "can't conect to Origin" message (don't know what that means *noob*), then i click the play button and a windows message ask me if i'm sure i want to run the file. then everything is normal again.

You can bypass the Launcher completely if you make a shortcut to TS3W.exe instead. That could remove the "can't connect to Origin" bit. But apart from being an annoyance, that message won't affect your game. So, don't worry about it. 

Edit: Now I realize that you can download some mods to maybe help with those glitches. Look for Nraas' Overwatch and ErrorTrap, as they could help fix the errors you are getting. MasterController is optional, but it adds a lot of options for the game (you can use it to make a sim a SimPlant and check if it works).

Please, keep us updated on how it went. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 15:30

I tried deleting all the caches, and nothing changed...
I had the same problem with the game i downloaded before, on another website (all expansions before island paradise), but i thought there was something wrong with the files or something... Maybe it's because i play on a notebook? i have no idea anymore DDD:

thank you very much, if i can try anything else, let me know please D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 17:39

Weisse.Fee wrote:I tried deleting all the caches, and nothing changed...
I had the same problem with the game i downloaded before, on another website (all expansions before island paradise), but i thought there was something wrong with the files or something... Maybe it's because i play on a notebook? i have no idea anymore DDD:

thank you very much, if i can try anything else, let me know please D:

Did you try the Mods that I suggested in the last reply? They are very useful detecting errors and glitches that may occur in the game, sometimes reparing them. Please, take a look at them. Wink
You can find them here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

At the left you can find all of the mods from Nraas. MasterController is in there, too.

Please, let us know if this helped with the issue. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:45

Hello,

If the following mods that SeoY mentioned don't help, then I have a solution that might work for you.
1. You may need to download a more reliable torrent of the Sims 3 and expansions such as from Games4theworld.org/downloads
1.a I had an issue like this where I got Pets from somewhere else and CAS items wouldn't appear and the sim would be wearing invisible clothing (just head).

2. If you would rather try something else but I recommend option 1, especially if this doesn't work. One odd solution is throwing a party then trying to adopt the pet immediately after. Its an odd and possibly a one-time-one-person solution.

However please try using the mods SeoY mentioned as some of these ingame glitches are unsolvable without mods.

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:34

Well, i've got some news!
i installed the Mastercontroller, Errortrap and Overwatch, to see what would happen. I saved right before picking my baby plantsim. Errortrap detected 12 errors on the script, the baby still "doesn't exist", although now i can see his newborn face in the square on the side. i don't know if that's progress, but that's something!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:39

Layloria wrote:Hello,

If the following mods that SeoY mentioned don't help, then I have a solution that might work for you.
1. You may need to download a more reliable torrent of the Sims 3 and expansions such as from Games4theworld.org/downloads
1.a I had an issue like this where I got Pets from somewhere else and CAS items wouldn't appear and the sim would be wearing invisible clothing (just head).

2. If you would rather try something else but I recommend option 1, especially if this doesn't work. One odd solution is throwing a party then trying to adopt the pet immediately after. Its an odd and possibly a one-time-one-person solution.

However please try using the mods SeoY mentioned as some of these ingame glitches are unsolvable without mods.

Thanks,

Thank you!! A party, that's weird!! XD this time i downloaded everything from Games4theworld.org/downloads, exactly because i thought something was wrong with the ones i already had. That's the first time those things happen to me D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:15

Weisse.Fee wrote:Well, i've got some news!
i installed the Mastercontroller, Errortrap and Overwatch, to see what would happen. I saved right before picking my baby plantsim. Errortrap detected 12 errors on the script, the baby still "doesn't exist", although now i can see his newborn face in the square on the side. i don't know if that's progress, but that's something!

Weisse.Fee wrote:
Layloria wrote:Hello,

Thanks,

Thank you!! A party, that's weird!! XD this time i downloaded everything from Games4theworld.org/downloads, exactly because i thought something was wrong with the ones i already had. That's the first time those things happen to me D:

One recommendation: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink
Oh, and try not using the black font color, as it blends in with the background and becomes hard to read.

I think I already recommended this, but if you haven't tried it yet maybe it's worth a shot. Try attempting the same things that are causing you problems (the PlantSim bit and the adoption of pets) in a new save in a complete new The Sims 3 folder. You can rename the current folder to The Sims 3 Backup and/or move it somewhere else, so that when you start the game again, another The Sims 3 folder will be generated. Then, create a new save and see if now those things work. It may be annoying to do, but if you are so desperate about fixing this errors, I suggest you try it. Smile
You can also do it with and without the Nraas Mods you have (moving the Mods folder to the new The Sims 3 folder) to see if there's any difference.

Good luck, and please keep us updated! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 00:51

I'll try that too, thanks!
Sorry, it won't happen again! x.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next