Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED] Empty Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 14:02

Hi,I installed Office 2013 (from G4TW) successfully and when I opened Word for the first time I got a popup with the following:

Use Recommended Settings: Install important and recommended updates for Office, Windows and other Microsoft software and help improve Office.

Install Updates Only:  Install important and recommended updates for Office, Windows and other Microsoft software.

Ask me later:  Until you decide your computer may be vulnerable to security threats.

My question is do I allow updates or will they pick up that it is not a genuine install?

Thanks.

Last edited by Shamrock on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 00:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added screenshot)

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sat 13 Sep 2014, 15:54

Simstatic wrote:Hi,I installed Office 2013 (from G4TW) successfully and when I opened Word for the first time I got a popup with the following:

Use Recommended Settings: Install important and recommended updates for Office, Windows and other Microsoft software and help improve Office.

Install Updates Only:  Install important and recommended updates for Office, Windows and other Microsoft software.

Ask me later:  Until you decide your computer may be vulnerable to security threats.

My question is do I allow updates or will they pick up that it is not a genuine install?

Thanks.

The thing about Microsoft Office (No matter which version you are having) is that updates are installed via Windows/Microsoft Update. Albeit the software you are having are illegal, Windows Update will generally prompt new updates over time, and they can all be installed whether or not MS Office is legal. Do not worry, you can accept updates but your application will not be detected as ungenuine install.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Microsoft Office 2013 - Updates. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:44

Thanks J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:57

Yes, J.T. is right.
Do you need anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Sep 2014, 00:10

Not at the moment Shamrock,thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Sep 2014, 00:15

Sure.
Problem solved, topic locked.
Please open a new topic should you need anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top