Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few glitches I noticed recently

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few glitches I noticed recently Empty A few glitches I noticed recently

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 16:07

As I mentioned in another topic, the "talk to" toddler interaction is missing and there's something wrong with the "read to sleep" interaction (toddler's body stretches, parent does nothing, book disappears).

I also noticed that the police officer and his car get stuck when they appear at teen parties. The teens keep getting "Meet up" icons, but they disappears in seconds.

Furthermore, something is wrong with my outerwear: for some sims the game keeps changing it into something I didn't choose and makes my choice "Outerwear 2". I went to CAS to change it back and it happens over again.

Sometimes there are also graphical issues: one sim gets a brown face when in sleepwear, the other has a weird career outfit (skin color suit, like it's glowing, and something like a scar on the face). Any idea why this is happening?

The game is patched and fixed. I do have a lot of store content, but I also installed the latest store fix and cleared my cache. So, what could be the problem? Is there anything I can do about it or just hope EA will release another update and fix stuff... : /

Back to top Go down

A few glitches I noticed recently Empty Re: A few glitches I noticed recently

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 19 Sep 2014, 16:45

CinnamonGirl wrote:As I mentioned in another topic, the "talk to" toddler interaction is missing and there's something wrong with the "read to sleep" interaction (toddler's body stretches, parent does nothing, book disappears).

I also noticed that the police officer and his car get stuck when they appear at teen parties. The teens keep getting "Meet up" icons, but they disappears in seconds.

Furthermore, something is wrong with my outerwear: for some sims the game keeps changing it into something I didn't choose and makes my choice "Outerwear 2". I went to CAS to change it back and it happens over again.

Sometimes there are also graphical issues: one sim gets a brown face when in sleepwear, the other has a weird career outfit (skin color suit, like it's glowing, and something like a scar on the face). Any idea why this is happening?

The game is patched and fixed. I do have a lot of store content, but I also installed the latest store fix and cleared my cache. So, what could be the problem? Is there anything I can do about it or just hope EA will release another update and fix stuff... : /

Hi CinnamonGirl,

Thanks for opening up a new topic!

Do you happen to have any mods on your game?  

Also, with the crib you are using, it is a CC item or a normal in-game item that comes with the base-game or an expansion pack?  Sometimes CC can be corrupt or incompatible (or just down-right screwed up).  I once downloaded a few normal beds from various CC artists, only to find that my Sims would get stuck in them and would lay there, their motives decaying and they'd eventually die if I didn't reset them and then replace the bed with a working one.

The crib issue, if your Sims' kid's body glitches it's probably the crib itself that is messing up - especially if action options disappear and you are no longer able to tend to the child.  

In regards to the graphical issue and the constant switching into outerwear, that sounds like a mod problem to me.  If you have any core mods installed, and they are either out of date or conflicting with another mod/s, this can cause your Sims' actions to be very obscure and cause them to do weird things at random.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 17:39

No, I don't have any mods installed WhatDidUJustCallMe?
But now I am considering to try this one: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/10/chat-with-for-toddlers-missing.html
What do you think?

The crib is the basic one from the game. I only downloaded 2 or 3 CC lots (houseboat etc.) and that was a very long time ago. I still didn't tried them out though, but I never had such problems till the latest update.
I had toddlers before and the interactions were there, but I didn't play with them a long time so I can't tell for sure when the problem appeared.
I don't know if the teen party glitch is new because this is the first time I am playing a household with teenagers.

edit:

SeoY wrote: Also, try testing the interaction in a new save in a completely new The Sims 3 folder, by going to Documents\Electronic Arts and renaming (or copying somewhere else, then deleting) the The Sims 3 folder. When you start the game again, a new TS3 folder will be created. In a new save, test the interaction to see if it still gives you problems.

I also tried this and the "talk to" interaction is still missing (I first taught the toddler to talk of course) and the "read to sleep" glitch is also still there. So I guess EA messed it up with the latest update or what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Fri 19 Sep 2014, 21:26

Hello,

Sometimes these ingame glitches are unfixable due to EAs "brilliant" management, its unlikely with the Sims 4 out, that EA will continue Sims 3 updates unless its something major and many people complain about it. Have you tried installing ErrorTrap from NRASS? Please setup your mod folder if you do not have one already, by searching Mod the Sims installing mods.
(could a mod link to the pages specified/add)

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 13:00

Thank you for the suggestion. And I agree, they indeed are "brilliant" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:08

CinnamonGirl wrote:(...) but I never had such problems till the latest update.

Hello again,

Do you mean you recently updated the game ? And I suppose you did NOT rename the folder "The Sims 3", in My Documents/Electronic Arts, before applying the update ?

This not a well-known-fact, but one of the most important ones when dealing with The Sims 3: BEFORE you update the game, make sure that you rename the folder "The Sims 3", in the location I mentioned. The thing is, that during updates, the game will look if there "is" such a folder in the location. And those game updates can theoretically screw up the contents of that folder (mods, CC, even savefiles). And this phenomenon is not so rare, as one might think.

If you rename the folder before updating, the folder's contents should be fine. And after the update, rename the folder back to normal. But this is just a theory from me.

As for the meaning of this, in regard to your situation...I assume you still want to play with your old savegame ? If you want, try a fresh "Sims 3" folder, and play on for a while, to see if the same happens there too. Other than that, I'm not sure if there is much else you can do.

If you say you only encountered these things after updating, it's the only explanation that comes to my mind.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 20:35

Carlos wrote:Hello again,

Do you mean you recently updated the game ? And I suppose you did NOT rename the folder "The Sims 3", in My Documents/Electronic Arts, before applying the update ?

This not a well-known-fact, but one of the most important ones when dealing with The Sims 3: BEFORE you update the game, make sure that you rename the folder "The Sims 3", in the location I mentioned. The thing is, that during updates, the game will look if there "is" such a folder in the location. And those game updates can theoretically screw up the contents of that folder (mods, CC, even savefiles). And this phenomenon is not so rare, as one might think.

If you rename the folder before updating, the folder's contents should be fine. And after the update, rename the folder back to normal. But this is just a theory from me.

As for the meaning of this, in regard to your situation...I assume you still want to play with your old savegame ? If you want, try a fresh "Sims 3" folder, and play on for a while, to see if the same happens there too. Other than that, I'm not sure if there is much else you can do.

If you say you only encountered these things after updating, it's the only explanation that comes to my mind.

Yes, I updated the game recently. But I already tried removing the folder and letting the game create a new one. Then I started a new game and the toddler glitches were still there. I didn't bother to check the other things, because I assumed that the update is causing the trouble... Anyway, thank you for your help! Smile
I'll take a break from playing for a while, maybe they do will release another update - hopefully! It would be a shame if they let so much bugs and glitches stay in the game...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:28

CinnamonGirl wrote:
Yes, I updated the game recently. But I already tried removing the folder and letting the game create a new one. Then I started a new game and the toddler glitches were still there. I didn't bother to check the other things, because I assumed that the update is causing the trouble... Anyway, thank you for your help! Smile
I'll take a break from playing for a while, maybe they do will release another update - hopefully! It would be a shame if they let so much bugs and glitches stay in the game...

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm afraid EA won't do much about The Sims 3 anymore (since they're focussing on The Sims 4 now). Of course, there's always a chance, be it very small.

Do you have any other questions for now or can I close the topic ? Or I can also leave it open, in case you have anything else. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top