Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED] Empty Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 14:31

I have previously downloaded TS3 on a desktop no problems at all. Im trying to do this on a new laptop but when i extract my files to my desktop , the file is no longer in exe format. i tried changing file extension and i find myself downloading the ultimate fix over and over trying to get to this exe file.(s.n. i get the insert showtime disk error, but i know the real problem is getting my pc to recognize this TS3W.exe as no longer malicious can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 16:47

Are you sure you don't just have the setting to hide known extensions enabled? The default is to not show extensions for file types that the operating system recognizes. To check, open up "File Explorer" (formerly "Windows Explorer"), click Organize -> Folder and Search Options .. click the View tab, then look for the checkbox labeled "Hide extensions for known file types"

Back to top Go down

Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 19 Dec 2012, 19:26

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix correctly though ignoring the fact that you weren't able to see the file extension on TS3W.exe?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED] Empty Done and Done!

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 00:39

Thank You kind sir for your quick response..that was the answer exactly on target. Only thing was the route was "open window explore ----then the view tab---then tick the file name extension box......Im mad I got rid of my 60 day trial for norton with 58 days left,should have came here first

P.S. I didnt have to use the whole fix, after I downloaded all the expansions and put the .exe and .dll files in the base folder Im all good thanks!

G4TW Is Everything! Noticed that my pc was changing my file from TS3W.exe to simply TS3W. uninstalled norton and still have the same problem.[SOLVED] 611149516

//EDIT

T2Sink..I did not use the ultimate fix at all, but i did try to use the file without the .exe on the extension (TS3W) and it gave the error that i needed the Showtime disk

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Dec 2012, 16:06

Hello,

That error is normal when you try to run the game without the crack. It's good to hear you've fixed it.
I think you should be able to continue your Norton trial, if you just reinstall it.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top