Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with installing Sims 3 University life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with installing Sims 3 University life Empty Problems with installing Sims 3 University life

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 13:42

Hello guys!

I have a problem with installing University life on my Macbook. I have the base game and several expansion packs already installed, but when i click on the installer in my dmg, it says: "the file is damaged and cannot be opened. Place it in the bin." It says that Stuffit has downloaded this file on an unknown time and date (translated from dutch, so i don't know what it will say in english)

I tried unpacking it again and made a new dmg, but that didn't work. I have several expansion packs installed this way, but this is the only one that's giving me problems.

Do i have to download the EP again or does any of you guys know how i can fix this?

Back to top Go down

Problems with installing Sims 3 University life Empty Re: Problems with installing Sims 3 University life

Post by Phoebe Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:39

Hello,

It looks like your downloaded file is corrupted during the process. That's why you have to download it again. Please do so and create a new .dmg and let me know the result please?

Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Problems with installing Sims 3 University life Empty Re: Problems with installing Sims 3 University life

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 22:36

I downloaded it again, but that didn't work. Still saying the file is damaged. I just don't get it. I did everything the exact same way as i did with the rest of the EP's and they're working perfectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 01:37

Hm it does seem that the file is corrupted during the download.
You did download the Unvieristy from games4world?

I recommend try downloading it again in another time (just wait a day or so).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 09:53

Yes i used the download from games4theworld. I'll try again tomorrow and then we'll see what happens

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 21 Sep 2014, 10:07

Hello,

Please let us know the result. Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:24

I just tried it again, but still the same problem Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 21 Sep 2014, 16:36

Hello,

Can you please read the Manual for Installing Mac again to see the .dmg creation process? Maybe there is something you just forget to do or doing wrong?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 21:34

I checked that after i tried it this morning, because i was thinking the same thing. But (unfortunately) i did it the right way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 16:31

If stuffit is giving you an hard time, try Keka - should be a nice alternative ( and it is free )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top