Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions Empty Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 19:36

Hi! im not sure if there's already a thread on these things.
Anyway, I have downloaded the Sims 3 base game as well as Late Night, Supernatural, Master Suite Stuff, Outdoor Stuff, High End Loft,University,Seasons, Island Paradise, Showtime, Generations and Town Life Stuff, all with no problems. Today though, I tried to download some mods and I opened the game, then it crashed about 10 percent through the Neighborhood loading screen. So that's the loading problem. I removed the mods folders in case that is the problem.
Downloading Ambitions and Into The Future, both downloads ask for disc 1 even though I applied the crack.

Back to top Go down

Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions Empty Re: Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:22

miiya1993 wrote:Hi! im not sure if there's already a thread on these things.
Anyway, I have downloaded the Sims 3 base game as well as Late Night, Supernatural, Master Suite Stuff, Outdoor Stuff, High End Loft,University,Seasons, Island Paradise, Showtime, Generations and Town Life Stuff, all with no problems. Today though, I tried to download some mods and I opened the game, then it crashed about 10 percent through the Neighborhood loading screen. So that's the loading problem. I removed the mods folders in case that is the problem.
Downloading Ambitions and Into The Future, both downloads ask for disc 1 even though I applied the crack.
Hello,

Usually, the problem in these cases is that a wrong crack was applied or the game wasn't patched as it is supposed to be.

Please, (re-) do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

As described in that link, use the "Ultimate fix", and not the cracks that are included in the games you download. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions Empty Re: Help! Sims 3 game crashing on Neighborhood screen and trouble installing Sims 3 Into the Future and Ambitions

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 18:56

I installed the fix but it still told me that I need disc 3 for into the future and disc 1 containing twinbrook for ambitions. Its already updated to the latest version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 28 Oct 2013, 19:03

I strongly suggest you redownload those expansions!  The reason I say this, is because the ONLY game that will have a legitimate reason for asking for disk 1 or disk 2 is the base game.

I had an issue such as this with World Adventures!  I torrented it just fine, get half way through installation and it'd ask me for a disk that contained a specific file!  I deleted the entire game then went to download it once again.  The second time I torrented it, I made sure no other torrents were running and that my laptop wasn't bogged down too much (programs running, etc).  I went to install World Adventures again and it never asked me for any disks.  

Try this method and see if there is any difference.  I know it sounds odd, but I assure you, redownloading these two expansions may be what helps you here!  Also, make sure you are download them from here:  
http://thepiratebay.sx/user/games4theworld/0/7

Please let us know when you've done this!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:51

miiya1993 wrote:I installed the fix but it still told me that I need disc 3 for into the future and disc 1 containing twinbrook for ambitions. Its already updated to the latest version.
Before trying to redownload the expansion packs/stuff packs, can you try deleting the whole extracted folders (both) and re-extract them with WinRAR ONLY?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 16:21

i downloaded them from the games4theworld site, on piratebay. Ill try re-extracting them again. thanks guys

//EDIT

ok so i re-extracted the files in winrar, same thing i used the first time and It said that the twinbrook file for ambitions is corrupt. 
and then it said this for Into the Future
:G:\Computer games\The Sims 3 - Into the Future.rar: Checksum error in GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p21.package. The file is corrupt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 29 Oct 2013, 18:29

Re-extracting them was the first option to test the games and content, now you should attempt to redownload them again.  Sometimes corruption in files and within the game files can happen while you're torrenting.  If your internet has a hiccup, that can cause it, etc. When you redownload, make sure your PC isn't bogged down with other big programs running and try to torrent one at a time. Smile THEN extract them and see if that solves it.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 18:30

oh ok. thanks. ill try that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 01:10

they are downloading properly now, but with Ambitions, do i still need to apply any cracks since its an older game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top