Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University arrive error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University arrive error Empty University arrive error

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 15:09

Hello! I have a problem with my game, that first appeared last night out of nowhere. I tried moving a sim in university,m I enrolled her and the after traveling, I got to university and I was able to see it as a town, with options like "Create a household", "Choose existing household" etc. , instead of being able to choose where my sim is going to live, who by the way was nowhere to be seen. It is the first time i'm having this problem, and I closed the game, deleted the save and tried again (with the same sim) but the same error occurred. I haven't changed anything since the last time I enrolled a sim to college, I only installed some new outfits. Can you suggest anything? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

University arrive error Empty Re: University arrive error

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 15:22

Hi there! Smile

Even if that wasn't a problem before, do you have any Mods installed?
Please try it again with a completely new save and Sim, to check if the problem persists. 

You can also try backing up the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder, and deleting it (or just renaming it) so that when you start a new game the folder will be regenerated. After that, check if the problem is the same with the new folder. 

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 01:25

Thanks for the fast response!  Well I tried creating a new game and everything went smoothly. Afterwards I tried your second suggestion but that didn't help getting my sim to college. Because I started a new game in a new neighbourhood,  I am afraid that the same problem might iccure in a different household in the old neighborhood. Thanks for your solution,  and I will try to enroll some other sim in this neighborhood to see if it persists. Fo you have anything else to suggest that I do in order to fix the problem in the old families? Thank you!

Edit: Do you think that if I move the family to a new neighborhood it may fix it for them?

//EDIT

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have Story progression,  woohooer by Twallan.

Last edited by nancoula on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 01:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 04:03

Hi again! Smile

Well, moving your Sim to a new neighborhood is certainly something you could try. Not sure if it could fix the problem, but it's worth a shot, right?

And if the problem only happens in the 'old' families, in a specific save, it's possible that that save is corrupt. Please, take a look at this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves-including-error-12

Be sure to let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

P.S: Please, remember to edit your first post with the "Edit" button at the top instead of double posting. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Sep 2014, 19:24

nancoula wrote:Thanks for the fast response!  Well I tried creating a new game and everything went smoothly. Afterwards I tried your second suggestion but that didn't help getting my sim to college. Because I started a new game in a new neighbourhood,  I am afraid that the same problem might iccure in a different household in the old neighborhood. Thanks for your solution,  and I will try to enroll some other sim in this neighborhood to see if it persists. Fo you have anything else to suggest that I do in order to fix the problem in the old families? Thank you!

Edit: Do you think that if I move the family to a new neighborhood it may fix it for them?

//EDIT

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have Story progression,  woohooer by Twallan.

Hello nancoula,

Two things: this is actually a very well-known glitch in the game, caused by bad programming; usually it's not caused by mods or CC ("corrupted savefiles" aren't the cause either, normally). 

Also, there is no "direct" solution for this kind of glitch. You can create a "fresh" The Sims 3-folder, and even try moving to a new neighborhood, but most likely that won't help. It's basically a glitch that needs to be fixed by a patch (which won't come, since EA is focussing on The Sims 4 now).

For now, can you install the following mods ? NRAAS_Overwatch, NRAAS_ErrorTrap, NRAAS_Traveler. After you installed the mods, try travelling again to the university world. Good luck and keep us posted ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:42

Thanks a lot! I tried traveling with the Traveler and also Moving with the Porter, but in both times I got errors during Processing WhatDidUJustCallMe? I will try those you suggested! Thanks!

Edit// : I installed them and right after the Traveler made me save the game, after the loading screen which leads to University, the game crashed

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Sep 2014, 18:44

nancoula wrote:Thanks a lot! I tried traveling with the Traveler and also Moving with the Porter, but in both times I got errors during Processing WhatDidUJustCallMe? I will try those you suggested! Thanks!

Edit// : I installed them and right after the Traveler made me save the game, after the loading screen which leads to University, the game crashed

There is also the possibility of having the university in your hometown, see this topic here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16772-how-to-use-a-home-world-university

I did that myself too, and you can avoid some of the problems related to that, like the traveling issues. Basically, the buildings of the university are in your hometown and going to the classes is like going to any other lot in your town.

Good luck for now, and keep us posted ! (note: most of the information about that is on the "MTS"-site, so you'll have to go to the site by clicking on the link(s), and read up on how to use the hometown university).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top