Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help. Empty Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 13:58

Hi!

I am kinda confused since I got problems during the installation of the sims 3 university, I downloaded the ultimate fix and install and apply the manual patch but the installshield interrupts and keeps telling me that I have to insert disc 1 which contains the Thumbnailsfile/AllThumbnails.package.

If I click ok It tells me that the" InstallShield couldn't find the path or on the specified disc. Please check that the right disc is in or please specify a new path."
What the hell is that?! Most of my Sims 3 games came from your site and they always all work fine, I've never get that before, please help me!

Back to top Go down

Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help. Empty Re: Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help.

Post by invalidusername Fri 08 Mar 2013, 14:15

Is it during university that the installer is being weird, or the manual patch?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help. Empty Re: Error during installation of Sims 3 University, please I really need help.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 15:15

During University

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 08 Mar 2013, 15:23

Has your base game been cracked and/or has the University files been tampered with at all before you used the Ultimate Fix?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 15:41

Actually my base game is an original one with cd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 08 Mar 2013, 15:54

It's a little hard to understand exactly what the problem is based off of your original post. What order have you installed things, are you just using the base game and University, are you making sure you don't have your Sims 3 disk in your PC while installing University? Did you mount the .iso of the Uni expansion? From the brief statements you've made, it seems as though you're getting just a CD read error. It's unable to find paths and certain files to continue the installation. I could be wrong on that. Whenever I've gotten any error that wasn't an update, patch or critical error it's because I hadn't mounted my disk properly - i.e., I don't have the .iso file used as a "CD".
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 16:11

I have all expansion and stuff:
the base game, late night, showtime and pets from original,

all the rest I downloaded it from G4TW so I play with all games (I just verify there's no disk in my PC) I didn't use iso, cause I've never had to before with the G4TW dl, I don't know which file to mount with iso.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:22

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 19:06

heya Im tryng to reinstall all the sims 3 stuff, I'll let you know if there's anything wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top