Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 23:44

Hi, I know technically G4TW do not have this on the site but they used to. I found a piratebay version "[Proper] [PC] [English]" by a trusted member. DL'd it and installed fairly easily. However when I try and create my own sims to use in story mode I don't get but a couple of clicks before it crashes. Also the Wakami (spelling?) Neighborhood looks glitchy. Thought okay fine I'll just play with the premade sim Jessica. However after a few minutes it crashed when I was looking through the barter (buy) mode and clicked on the fun section. Sad

Anyone know what I can do/what's wrong? I'm on a Windows 8. I heard a few people on that torrent saying it doesn't work that well on 64 operating systems but wasn't sure because I found no other word of that through google.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Sep 2014, 23:55

onecutekat wrote:Hi, I know technically G4TW do not have this on the site but they used to. I found a piratebay version "[Proper] [PC] [English]" by a trusted member. DL'd it and installed fairly easily. However when I try and create my own sims to use in story mode I don't get but a couple of clicks before it crashes. Also the Wakami (spelling?) Neighborhood looks glitchy. Thought okay fine I'll just play with the premade sim Jessica. However after a few minutes it crashed when I was looking through the barter (buy) mode and clicked on the fun section. Sad

Anyone know what I can do/what's wrong? I'm on a Windows 8. I heard a few people on that torrent saying it doesn't work that well on 64 operating systems but wasn't sure because I found no other word of that through google.

Hello onecutekat,

First of all, these old Sims games tend to have huge problems on Windows 8 in general. The best thing I can suggest for now is that you look at this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

And apply (only) step #2 to your game. Add all .exe files of the game, to the DEP exceptions, as described in the thread. See if that improves anything in your game. Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Stories : Castaway. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 20:58

Hey thank you! That worked as well as updating my Direct X. I still have a few issues (one of the hairs glitches out and makes the body disappear) but that's it. I still seem to crash but it usually takes about an hour or two so I just save every half hour and don't have to worry. It's doable seeing as it's an older game on a Windows 8, but at least I can now create sims and play the worlds longer than a few minutes :> Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Oct 2014, 21:15

onecutekat wrote:Hey thank you! That worked as well as updating my Direct X. I still have a few issues (one of the hairs glitches out and makes the body disappear) but that's it. I still seem to crash but it usually takes about an hour or two so I just save every half hour and don't have to worry. It's doable seeing as it's an older game on a Windows 8, but at least I can now create sims and play the worlds longer than a few minutes :> Thank you!

Well, at least that's something ! Smile  I consider the problem solved, and I'll close the thread, too. Please don't hesitate to open a new thread, if you have any new question. Until then, have fun ! Smile  

P.S. I will try and press the Admin to (re-)release "The Sims Stories" games (Life Stories, Castaway Stories, Pet Stories) too, alongside The Sims 2. Razz  But I can't really tell when that's going to be. At the moment, we're still trying to figure out, how a Sims 4 release could look like. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top