Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED] Empty Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 19:35

when i start the game it loads fine but the problem is that half of the screen is white. when it finishes loading i click in the white part and it clicks everything just like it would if it were normal but i cant see anything. it's hard to explain. i have tried to reinstall several times. i've looked for solutions on the web and in this forum and i cant find any answers. it's weird. i have even tried to close all other open programs.

Back to top Go down

Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jan 2016, 20:09

ellisb360 wrote:when i start the game it loads fine but the problem is that half of the screen is white. when it finishes loading i click in the white part and it clicks everything just like it would if it were normal but i cant see anything. it's hard to explain. i have tried to reinstall several times. i've looked for solutions on the web and in this forum and i cant find any answers. it's weird. i have even tried to close all other open programs.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @ellisb360,

Try this at first: go again inside the download folder of "Castaway stories". There should be a subfolder named DirectX, please go inside it and look for the DXSetup.exe and (re-) run this setup. I can't recall if this DirectX also got installed during the installation of the game, but let's see.

Also make sure that you have ALL available Windows updates downloaded and installed.

I can get the game running fine on my Windows 10 system, but other users may need to do some tweaks. Good luck, and feel free to post back about your progress, so that we can see further to that. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 20:17

thanks so much. i tried that when i first installed it and it didn't work but i will try it again and let you know what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jan 2016, 20:25

ellisb360 wrote:thanks so much. i tried that when i first installed it and it didn't work but i will try it again and let you know what happens.

Sorry to hear it didn't work, but I wanted to make sure (since you never know what exactly one has tried and what not). You could try running the game in compatibility mode or as Administrator, but I don't know if it can help here.

Right-click on the .exe or the desktop shortcut, and go to Properties. Under Compatibility, select an earlier Windows version and try running the game again. Try different earlier Windows OS versions.

And also right-click on the .exe or shortcut, and choose "run as Administrator". To make sure, you have your graphics card drivers updated too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 21:57

well i tried all of that and the same thing is still happening. i'm not sure what else to do.

//EDIT

im going to try and download a different version of the sims stories and see what happens. if it doesn't work then at least it may give you guys some kind of an idea as to why this is happening. wish me luck Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED] Icon_rolleyes

//EDIT

oh any by the way, is there any difference between simcity 4 deluxe and simscity societies deluxe

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jan 2016, 23:34

ellisb360 wrote:well i tried all of that and the same thing is still happening. i'm not sure what else to do.

//EDIT

im going to try and download a different version of the sims stories and see what happens. if it doesn't work then at least it may give you guys some kind of an idea as to why this is happening. wish me luck Sims Castaway stories start screen issues. [SOLVED] Icon_rolleyes

//EDIT

oh any by the way, is there any difference between simcity 4 deluxe and simscity societies deluxe

Sorry again to hear about your difficulties; on my end, the game is working just fine, and so is the case for most other users who downloaded it, so far. You did use WinRAR, for extracting the download...? Using a different program than WinRAR can lead to data corruption. Beyond that, I still suspect that some tweaking will need to be done on your end, but I yet need to come up with specific suggestions.

Data corruption can also happen in a number of different ways, which I am not going to dwell on here in detail, but one remedy could be to re-download using a different torrent client. Ultimately, these "different ways" in which a torrent can get corrupted are due to the nature of torrenting, and there isn't much we can do about these things. But data corruption is luckily rare.

Yes, if you like, go ahead and try a different torrent, and post back about your results. Smile  

And SimCity4 is mainly about the architectural side of city building, while SimCity Societies is more about "social engineering" and the human side of running a city. Should you want to download either of these games, and want to ask something, please open a new thread in this subsection of the forum though.

//EDIT

If you like, you can also download the game from my MediaFire link. I still have the game on MediaFire, on which I uploaded all these games originally. But I'm not sure if either this alternative link, or a different torrent can make a difference here...

http://bit.ly/1QF0V5b
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 20:35

well i tried to install the life stories and the same thing happened. i tried all the different compatibility modes and nothing helped. i have all the updates for my computer so im at a loss as to what to do. maybe someone will read this and have an idea. thanks for your help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 18:51

ellisb360 wrote:well i tried to install the life stories and the same thing happened. i tried all the different compatibility modes and nothing helped. i have all the updates for my computer so im at a loss as to what to do. maybe someone will read this and have an idea. thanks for your help though.

Sorry to hear about that, but if you want try this and see what happens. Navigate to the location
C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\Config. 

Find the file "GraphicsRules.sgr" and rename it. For simplicity, rename it into something like GraphicsRules1 or so.

Now start up the game and see what happens there.

You could even try changing your computer screen's resolution, and try the game then. Make sure to try several different display resolutions though.

Also, can you press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type dxdiag and hit enter ? Now, navigate to the tab named "Display", and make a screenshot of that entire window. It must be the "Display"-tab. Then upload the picture on here, or just post the image URL in your reply. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 20:46

i went ahead and reset my computer so i'm going to try to download and install them again and see what happens. i will let you know what happens. thanks though for all the responses. i forgot my login info so i created a new account but i did download all of my sims 3 games from here when they came out all those years ago. i can't thank you guys enough for saving me so much money. like 100s of dollers you saved me. if these games still don't work then i can't complain. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 21:26

ellisb360 wrote:i went ahead and reset my computer so i'm going to try to download and install them again and see what happens. i will let you know what happens. thanks though for all the responses. i forgot my login info so i created a new account but i did download all of my sims 3 games from here when they came out all those years ago. i can't thank you guys enough for saving me so much money. like 100s of dollers you saved me. if these games still don't work then i can't complain. cheers cheers

Oh well, then feel free to keep us posted in this thread; I will leave it open for the time being. Smile  I will also continue thinking about other solutions for your problem. And you're more than welcome about The Sims 3.

As for your old forum account, if you are interested in retrieving it, I guess you need to know the username of your old account and the e-mail address that you used when registering that old account. But I'm not familiar with the exact procedure of this, so if you want to retrieve that account still, feel free to contact the Admin and explain your situation, and give any necessary information if possible. Use the link here to send the Admin a private message:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/privmsg?mode=post&u=1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 04:18

well i restored my computer and it's working now. thanks though for all help. you guys rock

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jan 2016, 05:42

ellisb360 wrote:well i restored my computer and it's working now. thanks though for all help. you guys rock

Good to know, and you're very welcome.  Carlos is tha man  Do get back in touch with us again, anytime. Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top