Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED] Empty Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:13

Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while and have been using your awesome cracked Sims 3 base game with EPs and SPs all the way to Diesel Stuff...  Thank you! Why God.    I tried searching with different phrasing about this but I couldn't find anything on a bought EP to use with cracked everything else, just bought base game with cracked EPs.  I'm so sorry if this has been addressed somewhere and I missed it.

I'm wanting to use a new EP, but I was thinking if I bought one I could use the Sims 3 forums and register with the code, but I don't know if I need the base game in order to do that. ? When I first installed the cracked game I swear I remember reading either here or on Pirate Bay that if you buy an EP, you don't have to apply cracks only the ultimate fix if you don't want to use a disc for gameplay.  That would be a perk if it's true.  

What should I do?  Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:51

Hello there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Sorry to ask, but are you talking about an expansion pack that you already have, or that you are planning to buy? And if it's the latter... why would that be? Razz

Well, if I'm not mistaken, I think that you can install a bought expansion pack with the base game and rest of EPs and SPs from here, although I don't see the purpose of that. Do you actually need to have an EP registered in your Origin account to be able to register for The Sims forums? I haven't heard of that before.

And even if you have a bought EP, you still need to apply the Ultimate Fix, as it has the crack for the rest of the games to be able to work. The 'cracks' and the Ultimate Fix are one and the same. Wink
Even if the Ultimate Fix still has original files for updating through the launcher, those aren't necessary if you update with the Manual Patch.

I hope I understood what you meant.

Back to top Go down

Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Bought Expansion Pack, Cracked Base and Other EPs? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 01:14

Oh ok so I would need to apply the cracks no matter what.  Yes, I tried to register with the Sims 3 forum to ask a question last year and I needed a serial code... I don't know if it has to be a base game code or if it can be an expansion pack, so I could be potentially doing it for nothing. Oh my...

I could easily install all of the EPs from here, I'm running on 1.57 and want to update to 1.67 so I thought I'd install some new EPs while I'm at it, maybe all of them if my laptop can handle it.  But I had this idea, thinking I'd have access that way.  If it's an incredibly stupid idea I won't do it, I just thought it might work and it'd be worth a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 01:18

B-Nug wrote:Oh ok so I would need to apply the cracks no matter what.  Yes, I tried to register with the Sims 3 forum to ask a question last year and I needed a serial code... I don't know if it has to be a base game code or if it can be an expansion pack, so I could be potentially doing it for nothing. Oh my...

I could easily install all of the EPs from here, I'm running on 1.57 and want to update to 1.67 so I thought I'd install some new EPs while I'm at it, maybe all of them if my laptop can handle it.  But I had this idea, thinking I'd have access that way.  If it's an incredibly stupid idea I won't do it, I just thought it might work and it'd be worth a shot.

Oh, I see. Well, now the forums have migrated from the The Sims 3 ones, now hosted in another page. Have you tried registering there, to see if it asks you for a serial code again? Here are the new The Sims forums:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US

Make sure to give it a shot and let us know how it goes. I'm actually interested in knowing if it still asks for a serial code to register. That would be disappointing. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

And make sure to update the game if you install new EPs, as the Ultimate Fix requires the game to be in the last version. If you have any issues, we'll be here to help you. Smile
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:41

Haha, so I clicked that link and saw a username I normally use, as if I were signed into the new site.  But I've never been on that site before!!  I do have origins installed on my computer and I registered through it when I first started playing cracked sims 3, but when I tried to post in the old forums I needed a serial code.  I just checked and it looks like I'm free to post, I haven't posted yet but the text box is available with a comically large button that says "post comment."  Thank you for getting me to check! I'll just update and add the rest of the EPs and SPs.

Also I'm sorry I'm taking so long to respond, I've been busy with some stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:49

B-Nug wrote:Haha, so I clicked that link and saw a username I normally use, as if I were signed into the new site.  But I've never been on that site before!!  I do have origins installed on my computer and I registered through it when I first started playing cracked sims 3, but when I tried to post in the old forums I needed a serial code.  I just checked and it looks like I'm free to post, I haven't posted yet but the text box is available with a comically large button that says "post comment."  Thank you for getting me to check! I'll just update and add the rest of the EPs and SPs.

Also I'm sorry I'm taking so long to respond, I've been busy with some stuff.

Yes, I assume it is because the registering takes place through Origin, and as you already have it logged in, it takes your account into the forum. And it's good to hear that the serial code restriction is gone! I can't believe that they put that in the first place.

And there's no need to apologize! Anyone can take their time to respond, replying in a certain time is not needed. Don't worry about that. Very Happy

Do you want us to keep the topic open in case you encounter any issues during the update and installation of the rest of EPs and SPs?
If not, then just let us know. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 04:17

There's so much help already in the instructions and the help threads, I think I'll be ok. thank you so much though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 04:18

B-Nug wrote:There's so much help already in the instructions and the help threads, I think I'll be ok. thank you so much though.

No problem! Then I'll go ahead and close the topic now. Cheers! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top