Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED] Empty The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 06:43

Hello!

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I've missed something (I'm not very computer savvy). Before I start, please let me say thank you for this amazing site and the amazing downloads. You guys are really awesome to be doing this. Lots of love <3

My computer situation:
I have the Sims 3 base game installed from Steam. This also means that the Sims 3 information on my computer
is located in a weird folder (something like steamapps> common> Sims 3). So far I have uninstalled my original base game and then reinstalled it, then changed the region code, and finally tried to install the expansion packs (skipping the cracks so that I can install the ultimate fix/ manual patch later).

My problem:
I get the following error when trying to install any of the expansion packs or stuff packs from your torrents: "To install The
Sims 3 [Expansion Pack] you must already have The Sims 3 installed."
and then the installation wizard shuts down. The problem is I do have the Sims 3 installed. I even started up the Sims 3 copy I have to see if it needed the authentication key but it didn't ask me for one (I'm assuming it remembered my key from the last time I had it installed or something). I did read a similar topic where you suggested that they move the expansion pack folders (the unzipped packs) to the same folder that the Sims 3 was located in. I tried this with still no success.

I would love and help, hints, or tips!

<3 Yearin

Last edited by Yearin on Tue 28 May 2013, 16:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 09:59

Hi,
Ok, first of all, using the cracks from the torrents would have been a bad idea anyway, so you were right about that!
Look here, this is an EA problem... In short, if you have a Steam base game, you can't install expansions from discs, and if you have a disc base game you can't install expansions from Steam... Sad
I would suggest keeping your key for registering on the EA website (hence getting custom content and all), but uninstalling your base game from steam, and restarting your computer. Then install the base game from G4TW...

Back to top Go down

The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Expansion pack cannot find my Steam base game! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 16:45

Thank you for your quick response! That makes me super sad. Since I paid so much for my base game I wanted to be able to use it but c'est la vie...

Thanks so much for your help! I'll let you know if it works out Smile

<3Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 May 2013, 22:20

Hello,

Indeed, the Steam version of the base game is not recognized as a separately installed game on your PC. (Same goes for "modified" installers)
Anyhow, don't worry, our non-modified version of the base game is exactly the same as the original/retail/Steam version!

Just be sure to follow these up-to-date instructions at all time: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, you can create a (Non Steam game) shortcut to The Sims 3 in your Steam client.

Good luck and please let us know if you need any assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 22:43

Thanks for all the help!

I'm going to wait for the new 1.6v compatible Ultimate Fix to be finished before I do anything.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:28

1.60 isn't out yet, we're still all with 1.50, and the Fix works for this version Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 06:56

When I install my new game (and subsequently have to update it) it says that I have version 1.6 when I look at the green sims symbol at the bottom of the game launcher.... Maybe I'm mistaken?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:04

Well that's just weird: on their official site they don't mention any update after 1.50.
Can you give us a screenshot? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 04:47

Sorry I've been gone for a while. I got really busy!

Turns out you were totally right and I'm a total idiot. It was version 1.06 and I needed to update it using the manual patch first because I got that update error thing. Everything seems to be updating and installing without any issues now. When it's done I'll let you know how it runs.

Thanks so much for your help and your patience, I really appreciate it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 10:02

No problem, tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 00:58

I chated with Shamrock already but just to update this topic, everything is installed properly and working smoothly! Thanks so much for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:59

Nice to hear!
Problem solved, topic locked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top