Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:28

Hi,

i downloaded the big sims 3 update (TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe). my sims is currently updated to 1.36.45 and i want to fully update it to 1.67.2 but each time i launch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe it gives me a C++ runtime error "abnormal program termination"? Help  please help me. i only have two G4TW stuff packs installed. my base game is an original backup sims 3 iso

Back to top Go down

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:32

Mjc65 wrote:Hi,

i downloaded the big sims 3 update (TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe). my sims is currently updated to 1.36.45 and i want to fully update it to 1.67.2 but each time i launch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe it gives me a C++ runtime error "abnormal program termination"? Help  please help me. i only have two G4TW stuff packs installed. my base game is an original backup sims 3 iso

Hello Mjc65 and welcome,

Do you have all available Windows updates installed ? Check "Windows updates" (accessible via the System Control Panel) for any pending updates.

Also, if you have Windows Vista or later, can you right-click on the patch too, and select "run as Administrator" ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:43

Hi Carlos, thanks for the quick response. I'm running windows 7 ultimate and its fully updated i only have 2 updates to download (Microsoft XML downloads), I've uninstalled 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2013 C++ run times as i read on Google this could conflict with the installation of some Sims 3 installations, i also cleared my C://Windows/Temp folder and i did run it as Admin and i still get that error

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:47

Mjc65 wrote:Hi Carlos, thanks for the quick response. I'm running windows 7 ultimate and its fully updated i only have 2 updates to download (Microsoft XML downloads), I've uninstalled 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2013 C++ run times as i read on Google this could conflict with the installation of some Sims 3 installations, i also cleared my C://Windows/Temp folder and i did run it as Admin and i still get that error

And you got the same error BEFORE you un-installed those "C++ run times" ? Can you re-install those run times then ?

I would also suggest you de-activate any anti-virus programs completely (keep them de-activated, for the time being !). Then, re-download that manual patch, and see if that new download works.

Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:54

yes, i did get the error that's why i uninstalled them. I've even tried reinstalling the runtimes but the problem persists .I'll deactivate my AV and re-download it hopefully it works then.

thank you

here's the error screenshot

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Error10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 10:23

Mjc65 wrote:yes, i did get the error that's why i uninstalled them. I've even tried reinstalling the runtimes but the problem persists .I'll deactivate my AV and re-download it hopefully it works then.

thank you

here's the error screenshot

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Error10

How did you re-install the runtimes ? Have you tried downloading them manually too ?

Visual C++ 2010 (x86):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Visual C++ 2010 (x64):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Visual C++ 2008 (x86):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

Visual C++ 2008 (x64):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

Visual C++ 2005 (x86):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

Visual C++ 2005 (x64):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=eb4ebe2d-33c0-4a47-9dd4-b9a6d7bd44da&displaylang=en
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 10:49

no i haven't i'll try now thanks for the links

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 18:47

Mjc65 wrote:I've uninstalled 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2013 C++ run times as i read on Google this could conflict with the installation of some Sims 3 installations, i also cleared my C://Windows/Temp folder and i did run it as Admin and i still get that error

Mjc65 wrote:no i haven't i'll try now thanks for the links

As a rule of thumb, NEVER mess with any of these Windows-embedded system components (.NET framework, Visual C++, etc.). This is not necessary for most "normal" applications/problems. I'm not sure where you read that you need to remove the runtimes, but from my experience, this was a (big) mistake. 

Please, do keep us updated, and good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 20:26

Hi Carlos i reinstalled everything and i think i found the problem, i downloaded your fix and used your "TS3" and "TSLHost.dll" files from the base game folder and now it updates until about halfway and then it wants "disk1" after further research i noticed that your Sims 3 download is 2 disks and the one i bought is only one?. earlier today i re-downloaded the update via origin which was a huge waste of 1.6GB internet as it still gave the error. my original 1.6GB offline download works with your files. if you would be so kind as to inbox me the disk structures of the "sims3" and "disk1" disks of your Sims 3 download then i can create my own two disk from the files i have and mount them. this would be a huge help and would spare me the effort and money on a 5.5GB download.

thanks again for all the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 22:16

Mjc65 wrote:Hi Carlos i reinstalled everything and i think i found the problem, i downloaded your fix and used your "TS3" and "TSLHost.dll" files from the base game folder and now it updates until about halfway and then it wants "disk1" after further research i noticed that your Sims 3 download is 2 disks and the one i bought is only one?. earlier today i re-downloaded the update via origin which was a huge waste of 1.6GB internet as it still gave the error. my original 1.6GB offline download works with your files. if you would be so kind as to inbox me the disk structures of the "sims3" and "disk1" disks of your Sims 3 download then i can create my own two disk from the files i have and mount them. this would be a huge help and would spare me the effort and money on a 5.5GB download.

thanks again for all the help!

Please what ? Razz  

How exactly did you manage to update the game now ? With the launcher ? And when exactly does this weird "disk1" message appear ? Can you even post a screenshot of that maybe ? This shouldn't happen at all, actually.

And you want me to send you a screenshot of the "contents" of both .ISO images of G4TW's base game, is that correct ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:34

Ive tried everything and I'm done wasting my time trying to update the game. i don't know whats wrong with it but I'm fed up getting the error all the time so I'll just leave it. thanks for all your help Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:55

Mjc65 wrote:Ive tried everything and I'm done wasting my time trying to update the game. i don't know whats wrong with it but I'm fed up getting the error all the time so I'll just leave it. thanks for all your help Carlos

I'm sorry I wasn't able here to help you more; the issue you are having though seems to be a very rare one, infact, it's actually the first time I've seen something like that.

I'll try and do some research on it, and leave the topic open. Maybe I'll update this thread for any further information (make sure to enable e-mail notifications in your profile, when replies are posted !).

Until then, I'm sorry again I couldn't help more here. 

Wat.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 17:22

Hey Carlos,

thanks for trying to help, i really appreciate it i was just a bit fed up the other day so after a few days of deep breaths im gonna give it another go haha could you please send me screenshots of the "Sims3" & "Disk1" contents please?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Oct 2014, 17:31

Mjc65 wrote:Hey Carlos,

thanks for trying to help, i really appreciate it i was just a bit fed up the other day so after a few days of deep breaths im gonna give it another go haha could you please send me screenshots of the "Sims3" & "Disk1" contents please?

If you think it's going to help you (I'm actually unsure), then OK, here you are:

Start_disc:

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Start_10

Disc_1:

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Disc_110
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 17:41

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:31

Hi Mjc65,

Is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 06:01

Hi Carlos & Admin, the 2 disk thing that pop-ed up was a once-off as it never happened again so sorry about that i had to give it another go. after a lot of patience i got the game back updated to v1.36.45 and i downloaded town life stuff and that installed perfectly as i was already further updated than required. last night i downloaded 70's 80's & 90's stuff and now i'm back to were i was when i first posted here. i get that dreadful error as in the screenshot above for update v1.47 of the new stuff pack also i still get the same error for the 1.6GB patch which i still have. Your ultimate fix, base game files don't help either and i've uninstalled and re-installed all the runtimes + their security updates manually. i have no idea why the game is doing this. like i said before, i only have stuff packs and no expansion packs, could this be the reason why it doesn't want to update??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 06:19

here are some screenshots

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] <a href=Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 70809010

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] <a href=Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 70809011

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] <a href=Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 70809012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 07:23

Hello,
Please open Windows update and check all updates (even minor ones).
Then restart your PC and start again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 08:24

thanks shamrock, i'll keep you posted

//EDIT

There's no updates ?

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Untitl10

//EDIT
Ive managed to get the update for 70's, 80's & 90's installed. Previously when i uninstalled  Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 it didnt want to uninstall so i browsed the web and on the  Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 forums i found they recommended using "Revo Uninstaller Pro" to manually delete  Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 from your PC including your registry which worked perfectly. i dont know why i didnt notice it before but you can also install files with Revo and i used it on the v1.47.6 update of 70's, 80's & 90's in the support folder in the updates folder of your 70's, 80's & 90's download package and it installed completely?! i got no error messages! then i installed the 70's, 80's & 90's pack and it completed. after that i went back to the 1.6GB patch and tried the same thing and it actually opened but this time i got the "Disk1" error its looking for the following -

C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\Temp\{277A89D4-EFBA-456F-8147-518C35201E4C}\Disk1\

below are some screenshots

this is the first error i get

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims3_10

Now it wants  - C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\Temp\{277A89D4-EFBA-456F-8147-518C35201E4C}\Disk1\

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims3_11

then after i click "OK" as the destination does exist i get this error

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims3_12

Now i created a "Disk1" image from the original Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 disk and it contains exactly the same files as the "Sims3" disk and then it give me this error when i choose the mounted destination

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims3_14

and after that it closes and i cant do anything else?

oh and i took a screenshot of the whole Revo installer option aswell

Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims_310

I hope you guys can assist me now Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Icon_smile thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 15:56

Mjc65 wrote:thanks shamrock, i'll keep you posted

//EDIT

There's no updates ?

//EDIT
Ive managed to get the update for 70's, 80's & 90's installed. Previously when i uninstalled  Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 it didnt want to uninstall so i browsed the web and on the  Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 forums i found they recommended using "Revo Uninstaller Pro" to manually delete  Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 from your PC including your registry which worked perfectly. i dont know why i didnt notice it before but you can also install files with Revo and i used it on the v1.47.6 update of 70's, 80's & 90's in the support folder in the updates folder of your 70's, 80's & 90's download package and it installed completely?! i got no error messages! then i installed the 70's, 80's & 90's pack and it completed. after that i went back to the 1.6GB patch and tried the same thing and it actually opened but this time i got the "Disk1" error its looking for the following -

Now it wants  - C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\Temp\{277A89D4-EFBA-456F-8147-518C35201E4C}\Disk1\

Now i created a "Disk1" image from the original Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] 3479271199 3 disk and it contains exactly the same files as the "Sims3" disk and then it give me this error when i choose the mounted destination

I hope you guys can assist me now Can't update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Icon_smile thanks

Hi there! Smile

Please, remember not to double post. Instead, hit "Edit" at the top of the first post to add more information to it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules.

Regarding the Manual Patch, I'd recommend that you download it again. It seems that it's corrupted. And there's no need to install it using Revo Uninstaller, just double click it. Wink
Oh, and there wasn't a need to update the game to 1.47 first, as the update to the latest version is accumulative.

So, please try downloading it again (perhaps with a different browser this time) and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 18:32

Thanks SeoY

sorry for the double post! i'll re download it when i can and let you know, the double click on the installer gave me an error just read through this whole topic and you'd know. thanks for the feedback Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Oct 2014, 21:15

Mjc65 wrote:thanks shamrock, i'll keep you posted

//EDIT

There's no updates ?

//EDIT

At this point, I'm afraid there isn't much else I can suggest anymore. I do suspect, however, that something got "screwed up", so to speak, even if it happened un-intentionally.

Have you actually considered un-installing (again) all your Sims 3 stuff and re-booting the computer ? After the re-boot, re-install the base game. Now...do NOT apply any crack files !

Instead, try updating the game with the launcher, and not with the manual patch. See if it updates to the latest version then, with the launcher.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:22

sorry for the late post i got the game to work a while back, had to uninstall everything and reinstalled it with Revo Uninstaller Pro as the manual installation of double clicking gave me that error. thanks for all your help

Mod edit: OK, thanks for your (late) feedback, still ! Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top