Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED] Empty Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 11:40

Hi!
My problem is computers don't work on desk, just on table. When i put the laptop on desk and i want to do something with it, my sim can't do anything. If i put it on table it works perfectly. What's the problem with it?

(Sorry for my english, im Hungarian Smile )

Back to top Go down

Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 12:57

Hello,
Are you sure there is enough space behind the desk for the Sim to access it?
Did you put a chair in front of the desk?
Is it for both laptops and desktop computers?

Back to top Go down

Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 13:51

Yes Sad  And it works until now. The command disappear when i click

both

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 14:06

tvmaci wrote:Yes Sad  And it works until now. The command disappear when i click

both

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Do you happen to have any Mods installed in your game?

And did something change between it working and not working? A new patch, expansion pack...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 14:30

Hi! Smile
I have only store stuffs, and today i installed the newest store fix (it fixed many bugs). But i installed after this bug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 16:27

tvmaci wrote:Hi! Smile
I have only store stuffs, and today i installed the newest store fix (it fixed many bugs). But i installed after this bug.

I see. I think you should delete the cache files to see if it helps. Look for these files inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete them:

simCompositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
compositorCache.package
CASPartCache.package
missingdeps.idx inside the DCCache folder
dcc.ent inside the DCCache folder
All of the files inside IGACache
Any file that ends in .bin inside the Downloads and the SigsCache folder

Try that and please let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Oct 2014, 18:00

tvmaci wrote:Hi!
My problem is computers don't work on desk, just on table. When i put the laptop on desk and i want to do something with it, my sim can't do anything. If i put it on table it works perfectly. What's the problem with it?

(Sorry for my english, im Hungarian Smile )

Hello tvmaci,

Adding to what has been said, can you actually try selling the computer(s) in buy mode, and then buy new ones ? And see if they work ?

Also keep in mind that not all chairs work for that purpose; try using one of the chairs under "dining room (!!!) chairs". Or try different "types" of chairs, too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 19:08

I bought another one and that didn't work too. I changed to other desk, other computer other chair, didn't help. I'll try to delete the chache files Smile

//EDIT

I deleted the chache files, and it works except with one chair. Thank you for help guys Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED] Icon_smile I didn't think that i get help so fast! Computer doesn't work on desk. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Mod edit: you're welcome ! Feel free to open a new thread whenever you have another question. Until then: have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top