Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED] Empty Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 22:15

I´d tried to change the language of Sims 4. First with ne "normal" change language folder. Double-click on German and accepting everything, but this doesn´t work. Then i went into the registry and changed the language in "locale" and "GDFBinary" into "de_DE". The system can save these settings, but the game is still loading in english. I also restartet the computer and tryed again and de-/ installed everything again, but its still in english.
Please help me Sad

Back to top Go down

Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 22:24

ani93 wrote:I´d tried to change the language of Sims 4. First with ne "normal" change language folder. Double-click on German and accepting everything, but this doesn´t work. Then i went into the registry and changed the language in "locale" and "GDFBinary" into "de_DE". The system can save these settings, but the game is still loading in english. I also restartet the computer and tryed again and de-/ installed everything again, but its still in english.
Please help me Sad

Hello ani93 and welcome to our forum,

You probably have a 32-bit Windows operating system. In that case, go to a different registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis (!!!) -> The Sims 4

There, change the values to de_DE. And that should do the trick. Good luck and let us know if it worked ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Change language doesnt work - also in registry. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 22:27

yes i think so Wink I went the path: HKEY_LOCAL_Machine -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4 to change the settings

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 22:31

ani93 wrote:yes i think so Wink I went the path: HKEY_LOCAL_Machine -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4 to change the settings

Alright, so did you go to the other location then (that I mentioned in my previous reply) ? Smile  If so, is everything working now ?

Again, don't go into the "Wow6432Node" entry. After "Software", look directly for a Maxis-folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 22:32

oh..i see, theres a second maxis folder Smile Smile
I´m so sorry...thank you very much!!

Ps.: really great work and fast answers. Thank you Smile
Have a nice evening

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 22:33

ani93 wrote:oh..i see, theres a second maxis folder Smile Smile
I´m so sorry...thank you very much!!

Ps.: really great work and fast answers. Thank you Smile
Have a nice evening

Very good ! Very Happy  And you're welcome of course. Wink  If you ever have anything else to ask, feel free to open a new thread on the forum. Have fun with the game ! The problem is solved, hence the topic is closed now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top