Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED] Empty PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 14:06

Not sure if i'm in the right topic, but here goes:

What is wrong with PowerISO? It just installed Conduit Search on my computer...

I first tried to install the free version on the Official site, but whatever I try to do, it installs Conduit on my PC (I always uncheck all boxes that relates to toolbars and such). 
When I Uninstalled it, it brought me reg.exe, which is actually a worm/virus or something that fcks up your computer. I'm sick of this crap as it made me re-install windows. I'm now pretty sure it was the 'Legal' PowerISO that gave my this and not something else because I'm a bit paranoid when downloading stuff so I usually double check it.

I have PowerISO now downloaded via this site and I haven't seen conduit yet. 

Thanks alot guys! Smile

PS: If you know a place other than this site where I can download Legal stuff (PowerISO, CCleaner and other nessesary programs) WITHOUT any crap!! Let me know Smile

Back to top Go down

PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 18:05

Hi there! Smile

There are websites like Ninite that allow you to install basic programs in a pack, and removing any kind of toolbars or adware they may attempt to install along with it. You can find it here:
http://ninite.com

Sadly, Piriform software (like Recuva, Speccy and CCleaner) was asked to be removed from any website of the sort. So, you still have to install those from the Official site, manually unchecking the toolbars boxes during the install. But if you make sure that you unckeck them all, it won't install any other program in the background (like PowerISO and Conduit Search).

Or you can also get any program we have in our downloads server safely. Wink

I hope this helps you in what you are looking for. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: PowerISO Conduit Search question. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Oct 2014, 18:15

mgtwan wrote:Not sure if i'm in the right topic, but here goes:

What is wrong with PowerISO? It just installed Conduit Search on my computer...

I first tried to install the free version on the Official site, but whatever I try to do, it installs Conduit on my PC (I always uncheck all boxes that relates to toolbars and such). 
When I Uninstalled it, it brought me reg.exe, which is actually a worm/virus or something that fcks up your computer. I'm sick of this crap as it made me re-install windows. I'm now pretty sure it was the 'Legal' PowerISO that gave my this and not something else because I'm a bit paranoid when downloading stuff so I usually double check it.

I have PowerISO now downloaded via this site and I haven't seen conduit yet. 

Thanks alot guys! Smile

PS: If you know a place other than this site where I can download Legal stuff (PowerISO, CCleaner and other nessesary programs) WITHOUT any crap!! Let me know Smile

//MOVED

Hello mgtwan,

Yes, exactly what SeoY said before. Smile  You must make sure to read the installation steps carefully; often you have an option called something like "advanced installation", which you need to select. There then, you can uncheck the boxes with the additional stuff (toolbars, other programs, etc.).

Also, you can use "Your Un-installer Pro", available from G4TW, here, to un-install any unwanted stuff. After you open the program, you can see ALL installed programs on your computer, and you can select the unwanted stuff. In that case, do make sure to select "Super Mode" for the un-installation, and when you're done, re-boot the computer.

And that's it. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 18:59

Thanks for your response, 

I'll use Ninite in the future for downloading. (I always check for things like Advanced setup, boxes and stuff)
Do they all have 'extra stuff' in their downloads on their official site, btw? If so, I'll need to uninstall some programs I didn't get from here (like dropbox, Steam, Essentials).

I'm using Revo-Uninstaller at the moment, Should I remove it or can it work together with Your Un-installer Pro? 

Thanks in advanced Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 19:10

mgtwan wrote:Thanks for your response, 

I'll use Ninite in the future for downloading. (I always check for things like Advanced setup, boxes and stuff)
Do they all have 'extra stuff' in their downloads on their official site, btw? If so, I'll need to uninstall some programs I didn't get from here (like dropbox, Steam, Essentials).

I'm using Revo-Uninstaller at the moment, Should I remove it or can it work together with Your Un-installer Pro? 

Thanks in advanced Smile

Hi again! Smile

No, not all software has unwanted programs in their install. So there's no need to uninstall those you mentioned if you don't want. Installing them through Ninite makes it so they are automatically updated, but apart from that there's not really any difference.

Revo Uninstaller works too, but I assume you are using the trial version? The difference is that the Your Uninstaller! from here can be activated to the Pro version. It's your call which of them you want to use. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 19:30

I'm currently using the 30 days Pro trial and it works kinda the same (only with some more options and with a back-up) as the free version.

What is the difference between Revo and Your un-installer? I keep getting to IObit when I try to compare or find out what it does. 
It doesn't seem to have an official site but I assume it does the same as Revo-Uninstaller?

Last edited by mgtwan on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 19:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 19:35

IOBit is the editor of this software.
Basically, they are two uninstallers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:08

I'm a bit unsure about using your uninstaller. But i'll give it a try. 
I searched quite a few websites, but it's kinda hard to find about this program.

Is it mabye possible to get "Revo-Uninstaller pro" to be downloadable here in this site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:41

mgtwan wrote:I'm a bit unsure about using your uninstaller. But i'll give it a try. 
I searched quite a few websites, but it's kinda hard to find about this program.

Is it mabye possible to get "Revo-Uninstaller pro" to be downloadable here in this site?

All of our downloads are guaranteed to be safe, so you don't need to worry in that regard. Wink

But if you still want to, you can make a request for Revo Uninstaller Pro making a new topic about it in the forum, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f2-requests

It will be added to the list then. But for now, you can use the uninstaller from here or the free Revo if you wish. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 20:53

I will make the request for Revo-Unistaller Smile.

This topic can be locked (or put to sticky as warning about PowerISO).

Many thanks for your quick responses.

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top