Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot start the game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot start the game [SOLVED] Empty Cannot start the game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 23:08

Hi! First, a very special thanks to the team of Games4TheWorld for providing us with The Sims 4! And also, for the Ultimate Fix which I didn't expect so early. 
So now that I finally am ready to install the game(I waited for your torrent since, like many other people, I decided it wasn't worth the risk or the excitement to download it from another source) I can't actually start it. After I followed the instructions a window popped up which said : "Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."
Then I downloaded the updated Ultimate Fix and again followed the instructions but the same window appeared and my game is still not working.
Does anyone else have this problem and can you tell me if there is a way to fix it? I hope there is and the problem isn't only in my computer...

Back to top Go down

Cannot start the game [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot start the game [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 23:19

Hi there! Very Happy

Well, thank you for your support and trust in G4TW! 

About your problem, please take a look at this topic and follow the instructions inside:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18073-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-start-up-possible-fix-1

Keep in mind that it's a posible fix, so it could help us a lot if you let us know if it indeed works! Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Oct 2014, 23:29

Hi there,

Since this is a new game/release, we're still figuring out a lot of things, gaining knowledge over time.
So let's see, do you happen to be using a 32-bit system? If so, what operating system exactly?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 23:38

Hi! Thanks for giving me an option but I'm not sure if this is what I should do since the language of all my files is English and in that topic it's described the possible solving of a problem that has to do with the files not being in English. I don't want to change the language. Isn't English the standard for the game?

And hello to you, Admin! Thanks for answering! Of course I understand everything is still in the beginning so I suppose if there is a fix it will be found after many tries. 
I'm using a 64-bit system, Windows 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 14:18

I have the same problem I tried the ultimate fix and the language fix also even if everything thing in my laptop is English
but still same error please help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 14:20

shahadag wrote:I have the same problem I tried the ultimate fix and the language fix also even if everything thing in my laptop is English  
but still same error please help

Hello Smile

Please, create a new topic for your problem. As this topic isn't originally yours, we can't help you here. We'll be glad to assist you once you create a new topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f43-the-sims-4-downloads-support-pc

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:18

Koala Sims wrote:Hi! Thanks for giving me an option but I'm not sure if this is what I should do since the language of all my files is English and in that topic it's described the possible solving of a problem that has to do with the files not being in English. I don't want to change the language. Isn't English the standard for the game?

And hello to you, Admin! Thanks for answering! Of course I understand everything is still in the beginning so I suppose if there is a fix it will be found after many tries. 
I'm using a 64-bit system, Windows 7.

Hello Koala Sims,

One thing I noted about this problem is that quite a few legit owners of that game also have the exact same issue. Are you absolutely sure you tried adding the install location of your Sims 4 game to the "exceptions" or "exclusions" of your anti-virus software ?

Also, after doing that, please completely de-activate your anti-virus program, for the time being.

Next, please try the Sims 4 Ultimate fix again; and apply the folders as described, in the instructions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Good luck for now and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:15

I found the reason for my problem and how to fix it! This is an Origin issue and not a problem of the game itself so all you have to do is to uninstall Origin. I suppose you don't need it to play the cracked version because when I uninstalled it the game finally started!

BUT now I have the problem that I was most afraid I would have to deal with and it's(for me) the saddest and most frustrating part of not having Origin - the family I created in the CAS Demo are now completely gone. If I want them again I need to install Origin. I read that the whole issue is related to a corrupt Origin installation(my first problem) and what you have to do is reinstall Origin and, if necessary, reinstall TS4 on the same drive as Origin(whatever this means). But this is solving it if you have the legit copy and not the cracked version which does not use Origin(am I right?) So if this can't be an option(I don't know, I haven't tried) then another is to copy the files from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo\Tray to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray in order to “move” your Sims from the demo to the full game. BUT I couldn't find the folder "Tray" in my files. Does anybody know what I should do now? I really want the family I waited for so long to play. I'd die if I have to create them again, they were perfect and I worked on them for days...Maybe it's only me but I'm so sad about that...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:50

Koala Sims wrote:I found the reason for my problem and how to fix it! This is an Origin issue and not a problem of the game itself so all you have to do is to uninstall Origin. I suppose you don't need it to play the cracked version because when I uninstalled it the game finally started!

BUT now I have the problem that I was most afraid I would have to deal with and it's(for me) the saddest and most frustrating part of not having Origin - the family I created in the CAS Demo are now completely gone. If I want them again I need to install Origin. I read that the whole issue is related to a corrupt Origin installation(my first problem) and what you have to do is reinstall Origin and, if necessary, reinstall TS4 on the same drive as Origin(whatever this means). But this is solving it if you have the legit copy and not the cracked version which does not use Origin(am I right?) So if this can't be an option(I don't know, I haven't tried) then another is to copy the files from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo\Tray to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray in order to “move” your Sims from the demo to the full game. BUT I couldn't find the folder "Tray" in my files. Does anybody know what I should do now? I really want the family I waited for so long to play. I'd die if I have to create them again, they were perfect and I worked on them for days...Maybe it's only me but I'm so sad about that...

Some people have indeed reported "installing" or even "uninstalling" Origin. But at this point I can't really tell to what extent Origin affects our release (which does NOT need Origin to run, actually).

About the CAS demo, I was told earlier today that if you import your sims from the demo (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 CAS demo/Tray) to the game (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray), then it will seemingly "re-activate" Origin on the game.

We still need to look into that, and I'm sorry I can't give a more satisfactory solution now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 09:57

Just came to tell that my game is fine now. Every time I'm starting it I de-activate the anti-virus programme and then I connect to Origin in-game so that I can use the gallery to download different things. For now I can say that the game is very good and keeps me excited to play for hours. I especiialy like the new way of travelling - I hate travelling in real life so teleporting my sims from point to point feels so good xD. 
Thanks again to the team for providing me with this experience!

Helper edit: You're welcome! Enjoy the game and have fun. Smile
Problem solved, topic closed. 
- SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top