Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED] Empty Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 12 Feb 2018, 03:03

Hi. I have the latest version of The Sims 4. I went through the forums and found some people who had the same problem as me. Whenever I start the game, it tells me I need to open Origin to run the game. I tried moving the folder from Program Files (x86) to Program Files, I tried renaming the folder from “The Sims 4” to “Sims4,” and I made sure I had Origin closed, and I ran the game as an administrator. Still no luck, the game won’t load. Any other ideas on how to fix this????

Back to top Go down

Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 12 Feb 2018, 07:17

I'm having the same issue  Why. Ive tried everything and no luck SOS I is confused

Back to top Go down

Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin Needed to Start Game, Tried Moving Game and Renaming Folder. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Feb 2018, 16:45

Haeleigh wrote:Hi. I have the latest version of The Sims 4. I went through the forums and found some people who had the same problem as me. Whenever I start the game, it tells me I need to open Origin to run the game. I tried moving the folder from Program Files (x86) to Program Files, I tried renaming the folder from “The Sims 4” to “Sims4,” and I made sure I had Origin closed, and I ran the game as an administrator. Still no luck, the game won’t load. Any other ideas on how to fix this????

Hello @Haeleigh,

If you have Lavasoft's "Web Companion" installed, make sure to un-install it, and then re-boot the computer. After that try the game again. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Feb 2018, 22:53

I re-downloaded the entire game with all of the expansion packs, moved that from Electronic Arts to Program Files, renamed it from "The Sims 4" to "The Sims4," disabled all of my anti-virus software, made sure Origin was not running, and checked around the forum and tried every other problem-solving method I saw. Still can't get on the game. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Feb 2018, 01:55

Haeleigh wrote:I re-downloaded the entire game with all of the expansion packs, moved that from Electronic Arts to Program Files, renamed it from "The Sims 4" to "The Sims4," disabled all of my anti-virus software, made sure Origin was not running, and checked around the forum and tried every other problem-solving method I saw. Still can't get on the game. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You could try having a look at the possible suggestions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Other than that I'm afraid I can't suggest much more. If you have access to a secondary computer, you could try installing the game on there as well. And...if you absolutely wanted to play a pirated Sims 4, you could also consider using zlOrigin, which appears to be a lot less vulnerable to these antivirus interferences. You can find a beginner's guide on zlOrigin here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Feb 2018, 02:41

Okay, I’m going to try using zlOrigin. Should I delete anything Sims 4/Sims 3 related on my computer before installing zlOrigin? Like all of the torrents off of the downloads website?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Feb 2018, 06:11

Haeleigh wrote:Okay, I’m going to try using zlOrigin. Should I delete anything Sims 4/Sims 3 related on my computer before installing zlOrigin? Like all of the torrents off of the downloads website?

Should not be necessary in my opinion. Indeed, let's continue in the new thread you opened:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32839-zlorigin-not-downloading

I will also close the topic now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top